Thread: New Star Soccer 5 cannot be saved

New Star Soccer 5 cannot be saved

I have purchased and downloaded the New Star Soccer 5 and tried to play the game. On very first day, I found some problem with the game. Actually, I was not able to save the game. Every time I start the game then I have to play that from the beginning. I am playing that on my PC notebook which is running on the Windows Vista Home edition. The only retained setting is the screen resolution and all the other things except that were reset. Can somebody please help me with that?

Re: New Star Soccer 5 cannot be saved

Do you have the admin rights? If not then please ask the admin to provide to full privilege and after that try to play and save the game. This can be one of the reasons for this problem. Other than this, also see that you have set the full permission to the game for access. So do there two things and let us know that if this was helpful to you in any way or not so that we can solve that in some other possible way.

After reading this, the only thing that I can suggest you is to install the game again and this might resolve this problem. But before doing this, you can try by exiting your career and after that go back to the main menu. If you do so then it will save the game and next time when you start the game and start the career then it will begin from the same point where you left that last time. If that does not work then there is only one option that I have already told you and that is to reinstall the game.

Just open the documents and there you will see one of the folders as the "New Star Soccer 5" and if you open that then you will see that there is one file in that and that is "saves". If it is not there is your case then you will have to create that. It is a simple text file. Create that and after that try to play and save the game after some progress. See if that is getting saved or not. I hope that this will help you. Thank you and good luck!!!

There is one trick that you can try in your case. All you have to do is, just open C:\Program Files\New Star Soccer 5\Settings\Settings.txt and after that you see that the value for the saveloc is set to 0 (saveloc=0). Just change that value to saveloc=C:\NSS5\save or some other folder. I am not very confident about his but you can surely give this a try to see if this helps you or not. Please reply back with the results.

Thank you so much for your suggestion. You are genius. In fact the whole path to the folder where the game created Save folder did not work, as the dialog box read "Unable to create <path>/setting/options.ini", but then I changed the full path to just C:\. So, after change from saveloc=0 to saveloc=C:\ the game created and saved the file. Thanks a lot for each reply on this.