Thread: Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road not so Lonesome

Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road not so Lonesome

This was recently added to the wiki. Apparently the last patch updated the voice credits for NV to include the DLCs, anyone find out Lonesome Road. It seems like a very small cast of course, but hey, more than I expected. What your thoughts about this? Perhaps some of the NCR troopers survived the twister. Anyone gets any new idea or any new news on this? Please share if anyone gets any idea on this.

Re: Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road not so Lonesome

I'm just hoping the DLC turns out to be mostly you traveling down a dangerous road on your own with very small hints given at the beginning of what kind of obstacles you'll be facing. It needs to be long, it needs to be hard, it needs to make you feel like you're exhausted and asking yourself if it's really all worth it. You know, the same kind of feeling you get fighting through waves of zombies in Resident Evil 4, or, though I've never played the game, Shadow of the Colossus seems like a game that captures this mood. I hope these NPCs are mostly seen at the beginning and end and that there's not much involvement in between.

I'm personally hoping it is an extremely long road (longer than the game map, which isn't that hard if most of it is copy/paste road), that would take you a couple days to travel across (including rest). Various environmental hazards and some enemies would be encountered along the way, as well as different characters lost on the road. Also, storm conditions get worse as you travel closer to the Divide. But with those doctors, perhaps they are going to do a rewrite and relocation of Boulder Dome? Otherwise, they might have something to do with why the Divide is the way it is.

While I know it won’t happen cause it to hard, and takes too long to do, I wish your companions could come with you. If this is the final showdown, I want my trusty cyber dog, and my best 200 year old Mexican friend to come along with me, and complete my epic journey(cause in my main file, OWB and lonesome road are literally the last things I need to do, I have found all locations, and done all most all the quest, and I did most of that with those two).It would be nice to have one last epic journey, one last hoorah with my compadre’s, before we say farewell, and part ways(or in other words, I delete the file and start over.

It needs to be tough, it needs to be overwhelming and it needs to be isolated. Personally I only want to run into maybe two people TOPS along the road, and I don’t know if I want them as permanent companions. I just want to see another face, another person struggling with the hardships here who can shortly sympathize with my plight, and then in the middle of a battle or a storm, I want to lose sight of them again, not knowing what happens to them.

I agree, it needs to be lonely. I want to be happy when I see human life again, even if that human life is just some raider trying to kill me or an old prospector trying to survive in a makeshift camp. To make it even lonelier, there should be no radio signals (due to the storms). A true test for a level 30-45 character. I don’t want other people. I wanted to be just me and Ulysses fighting. I am hoping lonesome road is dark, depressing and epic.