Thread: Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road Map

Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road Map

As I was playing through OWB, I was exploring the Meteorological Station, and in the center room there is a map on display. It is tough to make out the details of the map, but it looks like there are many destroyed roads. Around the edges there are white squares which I assume are buildings. The thing that interested me was the center of the map. You can make out many ruins of buildings and roads, and what I assume to be a massive canyon running across. The map has several weird details on it, some roads lit up bright white, and a lit up cog-shape on the western edge of the "canyon". Does anyone else think this could possibly be The Divide?

Re: Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road Map

Go check the Meteorological Station's control room, there is a complete map for a location (like the Capital Wasteland in the Pentagon) for an area we haven't seen containing buildings and wrecked highways. Apparently the GECK identifies it as the map for the Divide (someone on NMA GECKed the map). Lonesome road has been my personal most anticipated DLC for F: NV. If you check the middle room of the station, the map is very hard to miss. It’s taller than your character.

In the Forbidden Zone, just take some of the paths with the giant rubes in it and you'll eventual find it. The Meteorological Station also has the snow globe in it. It very well good be the divide but we've got little to no real detail on the place but it does certainly look like one would imagine it too and they have been teasing each DLC so it would make sense. Ulysses came to the Big Empty in search of a weather station and in answers of Old World history.

I thought that it was the Divide map too, if you check Elijahs log entry from on top of the transmitter building, he mentions that the Weather Station (X-17 Meteorological Station) drew the Courier here (Ulysses), and, if you look to the left side of the entrance door you can see the "Old World Flag" drawn onto the wall next to the door, most likely drawn by Ulysses. So, it's probably fair to assume that Ulysses came to the Big Empty for the map of the Divide.

You can also see the Old World Flag on a toolbox outside of Ulysses's Point, and also a red version of the flag on the Y-17 Medical Station's door, where he saved Christine. I always imagined the Divide to be in that desert west of Good springs (I can't remember its name. I want to say Death Valley, but that might not be right). But if that IS the Divide, it appears to be a city that was either HEAVILY bombed, or it was sitting on a fault line, from what I can tell, the Divide looks like the remains of an old city with freeways in the air like on the East side of Vegas and in D.C.