Thread: F.E.A.R game cannot start on PC

F.E.A.R game cannot start on PC

I am trying to install the horror-themed first-person shooter game F.E.A.R. on my PC. The setup consisted of image file of the setup of the game. The image file was on the DVD I purchased. I mounted the image and continued the installation with success. But when I click the game to start it asks me to insert the correct disk. Even when I insert the disk I have it shows the same message. I don’t know what is the problem as I am new to playing games. So please help me install it correctly.

Re: F.E.A.R game cannot start on PC

I don’t understand your exact problem, do you want to play the game without using the DVD? For this you will have to burn the DVD image to your hard drive and create the image. So now whenever you want to play the game you will have to mount the image before using mounting softwares like Daemon Tools. You can find the software easily on internet, it is a freeware. Hope this helps to solve your problem.

No, I think burning the disk still won’t solve the problem, because I think he has the pirated version of the game. Its because he has mentioned that the game does not work when he inserts the DVD he has got of the game. To solve the problem you must find a crack folder in the DVD. Along with the folder there must be instruction on how to use the crack. If not, simply find a exe file with a name same as the name of game file installed on PC and replace it with cracked file. Then try starting the game, it will start perfectly.

Hey, Thank You for replying to my query. Yes, I do have a pirated copy of the game. And I tried playing it with the DVD but could not play. But I do not understand what is this crack folder. I searched it on the DVD but I couldn’t find it anywhere. Nor did I find any exe file. The DVD just consists of the image file of the setup of the game.

Well, a crack folder consist of a patch file that replaces the original game file. The original file is designed to protect it from piracy. So, the game setup which is pirated contains a patch that will overwrite this file with their own version which anyone can use. The crack folder maybe on the image file itself, to find out extract the image file on the desktop. Extracting can be done with various setup or can also be mounted. There might be a possibility that the cracked folder might not be on the DVD. So if you want the game to work you will need to search for the crack on web. There may be more than one available. Try all of them on the game and see if it works. See if this helps, best of luck.