Thread: Steam games give error when installing on windows 7/Vista

Steam games give error when installing on windows 7/Vista

Hi guys I am very fond of by the game that is available on steam. I use to play Counter-Strike: Source on my pc and it us to be work fine. I had window pc which use to be runs on windows XP but recently when I change my pc operating system to windows 7 all the game that I bought for, steam stopped working in fact some of the cant even install including Counter-Strike: Source which use to run perfectly on my windows XP . I don’t think this is the operating system error because one of my friend uses windows 7 OS and all the game work fine in his compute .can any one suggest me any solution to this issue

Re: Steam games give error when installing on windows 7/Vista

I once have same kind of problem. My problem was I use to play on window pc which run on windows XP but when I change my pc to vista operating system all my steam use to get installed but whenever I try to open the game and try to play it its kiss me out of it . Then I made some reach and got this solution. After installing games move it folder to somewhere else like desktop or other drive than install or external drive .then uninstall the game and then reinstall as administrator. Move back the game folder which you moved earlier on game drive where you install the game and delete .blob files in the steam folders and start stream . this technique works for me see if its work for you

I am not sure whether its gonna work for you or not because windows vista I totally a different operating system than the windows 7 and beside I also didn’t understand your logic of moving the install game to the other folder or external file and reinstall it again and then move the moved folder back to the place where we reinstall the steam game. What is the point of doing that please elaborate. I mean the mail idea is to delete .blob file and that can be done on the previous installation also don’t get the point your making here

Your technique is great but probably this may not work. The .blob files are Steam Registry for those who don’t know about I have some other solution for this issue .use this method only if you .blob files deleting method not does not work . open RUN and type regedit and press enter this will open registry and be careful with this anything you do here will affect your PC . Now just find HKEY_CURRENT_USER or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and delete registry which contain name Valve or steam . now open gaem folder and also delete any folder name valve or steam now start the game and let t update its should work for you

I also suffered from the same problem that you guys talking about had deleting the registry dose not solve my problem . so I give you my version of way out . clear the registry entries and .blob files and rename the steam folder to steam 2 .now right click the steam .exe and make it run as administrator as application start the windows will prompt firewall exception message as you renamed the steam folder now if the installation fails then see if the is steamnew.exe then delete steam.exe and rename steamnew.exe to steam.exe and again run it as administration you may have to turn off UAC User Account Control. This might help you

Wow that a lot of hard work to play , good luck with that but if you mentioning that your windows xp was running this game properly then why don’t you use compatibility solution . It’s very easy and simple just go to that folder where the game is installed and the default folder will be C:\Program Files\Steam\ then right click on steam.exe and select the compatibility tab it will pop up administrator login confirmation as its need administrator right . chooses windows Vista compatibility mode that it this may work