Thread: Halted to play The Secret World on 360

Halted to play The Secret World on 360

Later than seeing a few trailers on YouTube of this game, my trust in the gaming industry today has been restored, and lastly got to play smart, artistic wait to play on my 360. Today, however, I found sources saying it has put on ice for the Xbox 360. Is this true? If so Why? Hearing this made me too let down. Far from everybody can afford high-end PC, and I do not think the release of the consoles would be a big fault.

Re: Halted to play The Secret World on 360

This is a MMORPG. By placing these games on consoles can be fiscal suicide, if not as a minimum know how much of a player base that could draw (console gamers would have divide servers). Sony and Microsoft are the biggest corporate dicks in the industry and will bleed you arid if you can. Unnecessary to say, dealing with them is a nuisance especially lots of PC developers will not entertain thoughts of attempting. Do not weep over the price of the PC, is a longstanding fact that with the knowledge or help, anybody can build a team game for a budget compared to a console.

Here I just want to add something. True, I was told that if he finally did by 360 would be a "secret world game", but not exactly "The Secret." As for his past history I think this is the right step by FunCom, this needs to be good and would make the process much more complicated if you had to publish to another console. As for the marketing you will still find that most MMO players are on the PC side.

Point number 2 in Mercs message is the major trouble. Microsoft will not let any type of payment system outer of Xbox Live for Xbox games. Or at least not need to support any external authentication system. In addition, the patches are a nuisance for the Xbox. Correcting mistakes are fine, but they have to charge for each patch of third party content. All these factors make a very bad Xbox for an MMO. If they finally do, which I doubt, the game will be very different, as already mentioned.

DCUO is the best example for me of what happens when MMO games console instead of PC issues exclusive - the functionality is diluted. I prefer this game are not only potentially trapped in a room thinking about how to express things in a smaller set of control options as well as the opposite - working to expand the range and includes commands as many options like all the buttons and the combination thereof on the keyboard allow.

Do some research, visit some sites that sell barebones kits, etc, sign up for e-mails about sales, etc and once you know what you want / need, let it go on sale and start-up. As for updates, once again do your research, know what they are buying and instead of buying a new console from a year for updates. Or visit supporting site to change your operating system to get elected to limp a year and save for the upcoming construction.