Thread: Removal of the Bot in Scarlet Legacy

Removal of the Bot in Scarlet Legacy

I'm sure a lot of people in the game will be against this idea seeing as how they all can go do whatever they please while the game does the work for them. I hope to get at least one supporter. Truthfully this part of the game isn't really needed seeing as everyone is using it and I'll bet you the majority of people using it go AFK for hours on end and completely ignore quests and etc. I've personally used it twice now and I do find it handy for large amounts of enemies I have to kill for a quest.

Re: Removal of the Bot in Scarlet Legacy

It just makes the game WAY too easy to level and farm to where the game loses its value quickly. People by the second day have already reached the cap easily and I'm assuming most of them used the Bot to quickly level...I really don't think this need to be in the game cause most of the levels, items, and things like that should be earned through hard work and effort actually put into the game and not click a single button and running off to go catch the new Harry Potter film.

I wouldn't say I'm against it, it is kind of annoying but at the same time the Bot itself is amusing. I never ran into anyone that stole my mobs and whatnot. if anything, I stole their mobs. You just got to time it right and be next to them and predict which mob they are going to go for next and start your DD'ing process on it then when you're satisfied enough knowing you got the most DMG on it, switch to the closest one and start on that one while the botter kills the other mob for you.

I find it funny that they allow this Bot system in game yet they totally disable the G15 LCD display and buttons and the Macro buttons too with their Game Guard. All in all, I am against playing AFK of any kind in an MMO. Isn’t that the whole point of an MMO? To play it whiles your Online? Not have your computer and the game itself play the game for you while you're not even there. "Sure, you can play AFK; just use our automated Bot system! But no, we'll ban you if you are able to use your G15 Keyboard while actually being present. See that guy there? He's not even there and using our system to Bot AFK, which is OK. Again, no you cannot play attended and use your G15. "

I not at all played any mmo that had an ingame botting system (and i played lots of them) so I am not sure how it will work long term, but I am kind of wondering what it will do to the game's economy (can you use the Bot system to gather resources). Also (and this is just my opinion) but where is the challenge and fun of leveling when you can just park your toon somewhere, leave and let your toon level for hours by himself, ok yes you'll level faster but what’s the rush to level anyway.

It seems like you are not aware of the fact that this MMORPG was developed with the Bot idea in mind. At higher levels every quest you get will ask you to kill a huge amount of mobs, even more than 50 would be relatively too much for a standard MMO with no Bot, but I'm sure SL will ask you to kill way more than 50. In other words, it was meant to be a grind fest game and I can assure you that you wouldn't like to spend hours in front of your computer, in the very same spot, killing the same mob over and over and over.

It is useful for large amount of mobs you have to kill for a quest but there is ALWAYS a party system. The game had the Bot in it, yes...but it can be taken out and it can be worked around through partying for large number of mobs required, or leveling higher to where you kill those mobs within a few hits. The game can survive without the Bot just as every other game, it just depends on if YOU are willing to find friends or a party to help you out.

Apparently you still don't understand that this game was developed to be a "botting game". Later on you aren't going to kill the mobs in a few hits, it's going to be the exact same thing as it is now, do you think that you grow stronger and the mobs will just stop getting more and more powerful? No, let me tell you that are not the way it goes in this kind of MMORPGs. You'll be able to kill the mobs in a few hits only if you have your gear enchanted to a relatively high grade which is not that easy/cheap to obtain.

This game was not made for botting, nor would the game fall apart if the Bot system was removed. Yes it might be more of a hassle for people who like to solo by themselves but tough luck. Most popular games do not have Bot systems and the large communities have already pointed out how bothersome bots are. I'd rather take ten days to level by myself than hit the level cap in less than 24 hours. :/ People will reach end-game too quickly and there won't be enough constant new content to keep them busy because every time new stuff comes out it'll be finished by botters before they can even start developing new content. It ruins a game quickly.