Thread: Can patch will improve performance of Brink

Can patch will improve performance of Brink

I have purchased the steam version of the game purchased few days back. I played the game. I liked it very much. But having some issues with the frames per second of the game. I am using Nvidia 480 still I am facing the problem. Since the frame drop problem is occurring in the ATI cards. While playing the game I am getting drop of the frames down to below 30. It happens to in game three to four times. I am using AMD phenom Quad core 2.35 GHz. Is the patch coming out will solve this issue of frame drop.

Re: Can patch will improve performance of Brink

I have also purchased the game when it launched on steam. My system specs are really low. It meets the minimum system requirement of the game. at this hardware I can able to run the game at around 20 frames per second. Now I have purchased new pc which has core I 7 in it and geforce gtx 460. And in my new machine I am getting around 100 frames per second. It will run at 75 if I turned off vsync. I think it can be the problem of the processor itself. Yes I think patch will solve the performance issues of the game.

Try to do this for checking what the problem with your system is. Try to run game in window mode. Now start windows task manager. Check the processors percentage in it. While playing the game if the processors reaching the 100% then it will be problem with the processors itself. I am using intel core i7 with the gtx 590 .I am getting around 60 frames per second while playing the game. and my processor usage remains around 34 to 37% also graphics card is not reaching 100% also I think the problem is with the game itself since it not utilizing resources of the game . so wait for the patch to come out.

Yes I have also the game. Its steam version of the game. I think many of the users having the issue of with the processors itself. Since the game requires good CPU. The game requires heavy multithreading. So phenom II x6 will be better than Phenom II x4. To run game perfectly one of the best processor in the market required like core i5, core i7, and amd phenom II x6. It’s my opinion since my game performance got increased when I upgrade my processor to phenom II x6.

So the performance of the game depends upon the good graphics card and good processor. Your processor is quiet a problem. So try to change the game graphics settings. Try to enable the vsysnc setting it will improve the game performance. And try to reduce the shadow details of the game. it will improve the game performance. So try to reduce the game settings will improve the game performance. The patch will only solve the game glitches. I don’t think any problem there with the game performance.

I will suggest you to user the console commands to improve the game performance. Start the console in game. Type r_use in console now press tab. the cvar will cause performance impact in game. so try to customize the graphics setting. Type r_useRenderThread in the game console with the value of 0. I will guarantee that it will improve the performance of the game. There are also more values try to use those and check if performance improves or not like 1 and 2 with this command. And there is other command also with same name.so be careful while using.