Thread: Getting Boxes instead of certain words in Brink Agents of Change

Getting Boxes instead of certain words in Brink Agents of Change

I just thought that you should know that my Brink has certain words that come up with boxes instead, but not complete boxes. More like badly colored in boxes. This doesn't affect game play whatsoever but it annoys me. I think it is my graphics card that might need more support. Anyone have any idea on this? Please if anyone here has any idea about this than help me to solve this issue.

Re: Getting Boxes instead of certain words in Brink Agents of Change

I believe the correct term to use is "corrupted characters". Yes, my friends and I have all had various characters and numbers in game (not the main menus) start showing corrupted characters very shortly during game play. Only seems to happen in the game proper and scoring screen but not the main menus. Have seen it on player's names, score, buff selection "X" and so on. It does not affect game play but it is annoying that you cannot sometimes see scores printed at the end of a game or during at times. And yes, this was not doing this before today's patch.

This is called artifacting and it becomes an issue usually when video cards are over clocked wrong. But I have the same issue and mine is not and I am sure all of yours is not either. My guess is that with the recent patch that corrected gridding it caused another issue. Just a couple more tweaks they need to work on. Other than that and the FPS issue I still find this to be an amazing game. This should all be resolved within another week my bet.

It looks like the font texture in RAM got screwed. e.g.: 'pushed' over from its intended offset. Hard to explain, but it's definitely an issue of it being stored or retrieved incorrectly from RAM. I have not had it happen in the server browser yet, but i have had text artifacting in other menus now. Weapon text is almost always garbled for me. I really didn't care about it until I couldn't read the server browser.