Thread: Brink Agents of Change: Opinion to fix FPS

Brink Agents of Change: Opinion to fix FPS

I am running a 3x amd phenom ati XFX 5770. So I tried the hot fix increases like 2 fps well thx for that tried the r_shadows 0 well that did like 5 still I am hitting like 35 fps. I have hearth about the early patch well it is early this week where is it come if you guys don’t release it by tomorrow people will quit playing. And I know they need to have the time to fix it but 2 weeks come on, no trolling. What are your opinions on this?

Re: Brink Agents of Change: Opinion to fix FPS

Here I just wish to say something. Brink and bf3 are the only 2 games I am interested in this year on pc. And if i hadn’t bought brink i could have got a better card for 200 quid towards the end of the year. This game is so unreliable on fps, it’s a joke. When I come home after a long day at work it’s nice to unwind playing a game, which is supposed to be fun. Tonight it was like stabbing myself in the eye for an hour.

I just bought a Asus G53JW Proc i7 740 QM, 4G of RAM (DDR3), Nvidia 460M GTX and though I know I should have formatted, removed the Windows 7 factory installed and clean reinstalled it before doing anything, I cleaned installed the new nvidia beta drivers, removed the 3D vision drivers, tried to unable/disable triple buffering in nvidia control panel, and still having terrible performances, especially when you compare to your cpu which is not that far technologically speaking.

35 FPS is perfectly fine for any game, because that's a rate which to the human eye appears smooth and continuous. You're not going to see a difference between 200fps and 35fps because your eye and brain cannot perceive the information that fast. Should you be getting more FPS with that set up? Yes. But it in no way makes the game any worse to play unless you have to disable settings you shouldn't have to.

While it may not be exactly the number I stated, and indeed could vary from person to person the general the premise is sound, I should have been more precise. Typically skipping or choppiness isn't visually prominent so long as the FPS isn't spiking lower than 30ish. Aiming can feel smoother for mouse aiming at higher rates but that's more of a feedback effect. Perhaps it's noticeable in some ways, but it's clearly not a requirement for the game to be playable. I think some people confuse the benefits of high frame rates with those of smooth frame rates.

The human eye can't see past 60 frames, honestly there is no need to go beyond that unless you are playing in 3d, then, since each eye needs to see a render in 60 frames to help lessen headaches and lengthen your playtime with 3d, then you need 120 frames, in 3d, you see it at 60, whereas at 60 native fps in 3d, you would see 30 since only half the max frames only goes to one eye. Also, we can play at a rate of 30+ rates, I can even enjoy games at 20, but not everyone can, not without headaches and such. So please, take the time and does some research before you make invalid statements.

It's not an issue of being precise; it's an issue of being wrong. You didn't leave out details, you provided false information. You said exactly "35 FPS is perfectly fine for any game, because that's a rate which to the human eye appears smooth and continuous. You're not going to see a difference between 200fps and 35fps because your eye and brain cannot perceive the information that fast." The reason I sound mad is because I'm sick and tired of people spewing out false information on the internet, and saying it with some authority, when they have done no research of their own.

I can't believe you are accusing me of not during research when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. I have an 120 hz monitor and even when just moving my mouse across the screen in windows I can tell if its in 60 hz mode. Additionally, when playing Enemy Territory at 60 fps I instantly feel that it looks choppy and it hinders my experience. It has nothing to do with tearing.