Thread: how to change display icon of the Non Steam games

how to change display icon of the Non Steam games

I have the steam client with steam games as well as non steam games with it. I like the features of the steam client. It’s really good one. Many of the people complaining about it but I like the changes in steam . I am viewing the games in the library with grid view enabled. I like this feature. The icon looks awesome for me. With rectangular shape and bubble like platting. I have many of the non steam games as compared to the steam games. I checked that the only steam game shows the rectangular images. But the non steam games displays on icon in place of the rectangle. So can we change the icon of the non steam game to rectangular image.

Re: how to change display icon of the Non Steam games

I also liked the feature of rectangular shape icon like images. It’s really looks good in library. One of the best things with the icon is that it has game image as well as name of the game. But only for the steam games and when I added non steam game in it. it shows just a small icon in the rectangle shaped image. I will thank steam for such a good feature but they have to add this to the non steam games also. Since only icon in rectangle looks really bad.

I also liked the feature of showing the game in rectangular shape in library. And when we take mouse over it. It will shows option for play and view the game information. It’s nice improvement by steam. Over few years .none of other download manager has such a nice feature. Yes direct to drive has feature like but it’s the cover arts of the game. Which doesn’t look that much good. They must add some extra things in it like if they don’t have images there must be option for us to select image for non steam games. Like we choose icon for non steam game . It will be great if this will be added to it.

Yes I agree it looks really nice. I have many of the steam games purchased from the steam store or retail stores but all of them are steam enabled. I have seen that some of the games like sin and all of its expansion packs have the same rectangular images. Which is really bad. Sometimes some steam games also shows bad rectangular images. So I will suggest that they need to allow us to add some custom images for the game icons. Or they can allow to submit people to submit the art they have created and if they satisfied with it approve it to add to the database. It will great.

I am also using steam from few days and the grid look is good feature for steam. But bad think is that they never allowing non steam game this feature. I like it if steam adds this feature for non steam games as well. I will suggest them that to do that. There must be at least a database of game which will allow us to select the game image or automatically fetch the game image of the game. And other thing I like if they add it. There must be button in steam on game which does not have grid image after clicking on it there must be suggestions for images. From which we can select one of them.

The grid feature is one of the best features to view games. But there are some of the steam games which also don’t show the images in grid. The game I have bought the game Crysis wars from steam. Which also doesn’t have the grid image . It shows only icon in grid. Also modern warfare doesn’t have such a grid image in it. We need to have customized option to change the images since we are the one who plays the games. Also I will suggest more features for steam. Such as game page background for the non steam games need to be added. I will appreciate it if steam successfully implemented it in steam client

Yes its really wonderful feature I have tried this looks good with the rectangular shaped icon image for game. Other feature with it is the zoom. We can also zoom in and out the shape of the rectangle. Nice feature although but not application for the non-steam games so the non steam games shows only small icon over there. This looks bad. But why steam will do this for the non steam games we haven’t purchased from them. So I don’t think they will implement this feature for the games which are not downloaded from the steam.