Thread: Getting error message 're-install steam client' while starting steam client

Getting error message 're-install steam client' while starting steam client

I am having one issue with my steam client. Whenever I am starting the steam it is giving the error message that there is the problem with your steam installation files so please reinstall the steam. Is anyone facing such a problem while launching steam client. If anyone faced such a problem and have solved it. Please provide me the solution you have used to resolve it. I want to run the steam since I want to play the games installed using steam.

Re: Getting error message 're-install steam client' while starting steam client

So you are facing problem while starting your steam client. My one of the friend also faced such a problem while running the steam. I have one solution for you which you can try to resolve the problem. Try to uninstall the steam client before that first take the backup of the game files. Since you have to run clean installation. If you don’t take the backup of the files it will be problem to you since you need to required download all your games in steam. download steam client install it again it will solve such a error.

Hello friend thanks for giving me valuable information. But I have tried this taken backup of the entire steam folder and keep it aside. Then installed steam client again. Re booted system. And try to run the steam again. It’s not working for me. I have now getting more error which is occurred when I ran it first time "Steam.exe (main exception): ERROR: delete of Steam.exe failed, Win32 Error 5 "Access is Denied"" and when next time I ran the steam again its giving reinstall steam client. I don’t know what is going on.

I have also having such an issue with steam client few days back. Same error of reinstall steam occurs on my system. I am installed the steam again but no solution. Then I searched over internet. And got one of the solutions. Try this it will help you. Since it fixed my problem. Try this first of all you need to uninstall the steam client. So do un-installation. Then I stated command prompt and run the command sfc. Type sfc /scannow on my machine. This command will be used to repair the files. After running the command completed. Try to install steam client again. Reboot the system. And now try to run the the steam it will works perfectly. Hope it will works for you also.

Yes he is right. I have also faced such a problem few days back. In my case when the steam stopped working my spybot search and destroy also stopped working. When I tried to run the spybot it is giving missing file error. Since steam client Is not running I have run my half life with going in folder for half life and clicked on halflife1.exe. When I clicked on its also giving missing file problem. I downloaded copy of the files from online which are missing. And putted it in steam directory where steam.exe is placed. So such a problem can be with yours also try to find the files over net. It can solve your problem.

I have faced same problem but it occurs for me when my video driver for graphics card get crashed. I am using windows xp as my operating system. To solve the graphics card driver issue I have downloaded the drivers for my graphics card and reinstalled it on my system. After that when I tried to run steam client it can’t even run and giving error message as yours. You are using firewall like zone alarm. Then try to remove the occurrences of steam in zone alarm client manually. Then zone alarm automatically creates new occurrences in firewall rules. After than when I tried to run the steam it works. My Steam client started without any error.

I have purchased many games from steam. So I have steam client installed in my system. But someday back I am faced such a problem with steam problem. So I have searched for the solution. You can try this it will works for you, there is one file in the steam which is causing such a error. Go to steam folder find this tier0_s.dll file. Then try to remove it or delete it. Keep the backup of the file will be useful. if something goes wrong. Now after doing this now run the steam it runs.