Thread: Mage VS Templars features in Dragon Age III

Mage VS Templars features in Dragon Age III

I am here to discuss Templar Mage VS features in this game. DA3 really hope that does not have its main story revolves around a war magician / Templar. This really would be a disappointment, he hated political history of DA3 was so unrealistic and boring, every magician I met a magician blood was wrong, and all the Templars was a cruel master. Not to mention the story has been done to death in DA2 and DAO. We've already had, twice. What about this?

Re: Mage VS Templars features in Dragon Age III

Dragon Age is not Templars and wizards; I do not want it again. DA2 was a terrible game with a terrible story, but the game could not even have the decency to end his own plot. The whole game was a prologue, and now stuck in a war magician / Templar's going to spill to DA3. Honestly I would rather have the destruction any day during the war magician / Templar DA3. You know why? Because the wreck is an epic, one in which to overcome and defeat an evil force powerful and terrible.

History of Mage / Templar is good, but not large enough to cover the entire history of the game, much less two games. DAO did very well with their search for sub in the main quest. There is no need for it. I would be happy enough if only Bioware DA2 retconned to end what was an isolated case Kirkwall. It should not be difficult to Bioware to do, they seem quite adept retconning things, like having Anders alive when he died in the battle of the vigils keep, or have Zevran alive when my guard was killed, or Lelianna be retconned to be alive (by others, not me, I did not kill her) and many others.

Given all the buildup of DA2, DA3 if not for the Templars magicians only conflict would be absurd. Yes, there are sub-stories like Qunari, Ferelden-ORLAIS, perhaps divine white - Black Divine, but the magicians Templars will almost certainly be the main theme. In addition, the whole "Mages are crazy" business was something done on purpose by Bioware for siding with them throughout the game more morally gray instead of DA: O almost everywhere in the world next to the default wizards I think that was probably admitted Gaider above DA2.

Wizards / Templar is a sign to explore the different groups of people and how their beliefs and causes conflict. The idea is that instead of having a narrative revolves around defeating an Ancient Evil, has a center on the interaction of societies and characters which unleashes the player to move and ultimately have, some influence on these groups to benefit or harm to the people around you and the world in general.

I would say the Warlock handles great too politically charged stories, but their features are not ideological signals, such as what Bioware is trying to do. They are (mostly) yes amoral entities disturbed with sole individuals and burly. What could be a superior way to do it currently that I think. Now, if this story gets interesting, diverse, intricate and attractive sufficient for the players is one of execution, not a basis.

You can still explore other aspects of society if the central conflict is an ancient evil (or even have to be an ancient evil, an invading nation could be neighbors). I do not want Wizards / Templars more, nothing to do with them, as has already been done twice, as well as other problems such as hyperbole. All magicians are too evil and blood mage, and all the Templars were cruel and dominion. Orsino at the time was a failure of the main ", and Meredith, and the time in which to save the wizard of the caves in the first act and then discover it's a bloody magician ahead anyway.