Thread: Reinstalling the E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy but want to keep the saved files intact

Reinstalling the E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy but want to keep the saved files intact

Guys there is some problem with my system and so what I am saying is that can you all please tell me some methods by which I would be able to keep the saved files intact. So do you all have any idea about the same then do let me know about the same. I am waiting for the necessary suggestions from you all on the same. Well the thing is that my game does not gets launched frequently and hence what I am saying is that is there a method by which I will be able to keep the saved files intact and also reinstall the game as well. So that’s what I am thinking of, can you all please tell me is that possible?

Re: Reinstalling the E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy but want to keep the saved files intact

Yes you can definitely do that and hence there is nothing much to worry about the same. Well what I want to say is that make sure that you do a simple save of the game and that’s it. nothing much to do over here and the problem will be solved on its own. Keep the saved files properly in a folder and keep it as a back up. Now reinstall the game and then run the saved files back in that folder. so that’s what I am saying here, hope that was useful for you.

Re: Reinstalling the E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy but want to keep the saved files intact

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have given here. appreciate the efforts that you have put in to solve the issue. Sadly that did not work for me. well the solutions that you have given here is a quite basic one and I don’t understand how the saved files will run properly after doing a re installation of the game. That is one thing I am not understanding what you all are trying to say here. so guys please come up with some more suggestions for me. I am waiting.

You need to update the avatar list in the game then only if you re install the game then the new avatar will be recognized in the game. Now do one thing go to the following location C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\eye\EYE\resource\vgui \save and in there you will need to copy the avatarlist.txt, characters name.hl1&hl2 files and also the text documents and paste it in the new location that you have created with the new system. so that’s what you need to do and hence that’s what I am saying here. do watch out for the same.

Ok thanks for telling me about that, one more query do we have to place the name of the character the same way as that it was there in the original, what do you all have to say about this. can you please tell me? This is one question that is bothering me from long time and hence i decided to share it with you all about the same. So thats why i asked you all. So do reply accordingly on the same and i am waiting for the important suggestion from you all. So if possible do reply as fast as possible on the same.

Well the characters name should be the same as the one that was there in the old. Make sure that they are case sensitive and also you need to take care of that. So do keep a note of that. So that’s what I am saying here. if the characters has any special characters then you must place it otherwise the level will go down and you will have to start with the level 0. So that’s what you need to look at. I hope that was much enough for you.