Thread: Sims 3: Getting 30 seconds game play after installing Town Life

Sims 3: Getting 30 seconds game play after installing Town Life

I have installed the Town Life and also patched that but after that I am only getting 30 seconds of game play and after that it shows me the message which says "The Sims 3 has stopped working" and after that it closes. I am getting this in only the Live mode and there is no problem with the build/buy or even neighborhood view of town. I have tried it in the compatibility mode and DEP to permit the game play. Please tell me that what could be the problem with this.

Re: Sims 3: Getting 30 seconds game play after installing Town Life

I think that your machine is not fulfilling the specification that is required by the game and that is the reason that you are getting this message and it is getting closed. Other than this, the game might be corrupted and so what you can do is, uninstall that from your computer and then install that again. I have seen many of the similar cases with the other games where reinstalling game helps. So you can try with the same and see if that does the same for you or not.

That is very strange and I didn't get it though. I wanted to ensure that if the game is worth for its price. But I think that if they will continue with the issues like this then they are surely going to lose many of its users. Anyway, I think that it might be a certain file that you use. That's how it happened to me. You should see if it'll let you on another file for longer. This can be one of the reasons for this and I hope that this post will help you to get it solved in any manner. Please reply if this is not the case for you.

Thank you your replies. There no problem with the computer specification and it is fulfilling all the requirements of the game. Other than this I was playing devoid of downloading anything into the game. Not even my saved Sims or saved games or stored content are in the game. Not sure how it can be a file issue if I haven't changed anything. There might be something else with this. Anyway, thank you again for your replies.

In my case, it is not even starting when I installed that. I searched on internet for that and found one solution that worked for me and so I am posting that here so that it will be helpful to you as well. OK, first of all, right click on the town life icon from your desktop and choose open file location and click TS3SP04 to start game. It will bypass the launcher and may start the game without any problem because launcher might be messing up with the update.

This looks like that the problem is related to the DEP. There is now one new .exe to add so this time we will have to add two .exe's in the DEP list. These two are SP04.exe and TS3W.exe and other than these, I always add the launcher ones as well. You will have to do this for each of the EP that you have installed and see if that helps you or not. Please reply back with the result of this.