Thread: Portal 2 is not loading after validating the Steam files 100%

Portal 2 is not loading after validating the Steam files 100%

I think after looking at the title of this particular thread you have figure out what I wanted to ask over here. I have noticed that the Portal 2 is not loading on the computer of mine. whenever I am trying to launch the game on the steam and I am getting an a window ‘Validating Steam files’ after completing with the same the system of mine gets hangs indefinitely. Let me know why the above mentioned thing is happening. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Portal 2 is not loading after validating the Steam files 100%

In order to figure out the root cause of the problem I am asking couple of question which should you answer. Which operating system do you have installed on the system? Is there any hardware or software changes on the computer? do you have installed all the necessary drivers? is there any error message on the computer? If yes than post the entire error message over here. let me know the answers of the above mentioned questions as early as possible.

Looking at the problem which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting following solution which you should try to fix the matter of yours. i am suggesting that you should simply move ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/*SteamName* folder and remove all the content of the above mentioned folder than you should restart the computer and now you should launch the game and see whether it working or not.

Do you have installed any firewall on the computer? if your answer is yes than I think you should disable the Firewall for the temporary basis and see whether it is working or not. if there is difference in the situation than I recommend that you should configure the firewall on the computer of yours so that the issue which you are getting while playing the game. I am hoping that the thing which I have mentioned over here will be useful to you.

I am suggesting following solution which you should try.
    • You should simply look for the exe file of this particular game. now you have to right click on the same and go for the Properties.
    • Into Properties menu you have click on the Local Files and click on the Verify Integrity of Game Files.

Now try to launch the game and see whether it is working or not.

In this particular situation you should simply quit the Steam and you have to look for the GCF files into the Steam content folder. Once you have found the same you should delete the same from the computer. also you should redownload the steam client on the computer and install the same on the system of yours. you may try to fix the matter by reinstalling the entire game on the computer of yours.