Thread: Rusty hearts: game force creates two root folders in c drive

Rusty hearts: game force creates two root folders in c drive

I am here with the new issue. I know this game is released but still before this game released I go through the beta version of this game and at that moment when I try to run this game with the shortcut path its creating two root file (c:\windyzone and c:\down). I am not able to understand how is creating this two files. These two files are part of the same folder but still whenever I am trying to run windygamelauncher. Exe file it’s create these two files. Does anyone know about it?

Re: Rusty hearts: game force creates two root folders in c drive

It makes sense to choose an installation directory if the launcher file goes to the root of multiple folders around the C drive. ClientLauncher.exe also keeps creating a shortcut URL of the RH website on my desktop every time it runs. This activity is almost malware. This is what I know about it. if you still want to know more about it then you can mail your issue to the developers of this game. they will guide you in a appropriate way.

If you supposed to make fresh folders why not formulate them within the game folder. There are choosing a small number of of us that presently don't like cluttering up our C: through random Folders that actually possibly will be placed within the games folder. I'm presently not one of those guys who approximating to perceive massive quantity carnage resting on my desktop or folder schedule. I hope this will clear your doubts.

There's not anything to help through, this is not a user error however a glaring lack of obedience to basic developing strategy. A program does not leave approximately dropping folders resting on root c: nor supposed to it reconstruct URL shortcuts resting on the desktop by the side of each launch. Even I try to ask regarding to this query to the developer and tester of this game but still I did not get any response for them. So I don’t think so you will get any solution on this query.

I attempt to seem at to steer clear of the constant recreation of the root folders, however of course this is the umpteenth .exe packed through Themida beneath the mistaken assumption that it is an appropriate method of preventing piracy, while so far only me from solving the problem. You can probably avoid creating folders in the root and direct URL access with the launch of rustyhearts.exe directly with the appropriate arguments that I will post once you get around to restart if no one else has the interim.

While there are some defensible reasons that come to mind to create a directory at the root of the boot drive (please god, say they are doing that instead of hard coding in C drive. As it is beyond evil you have to prove that afternoon, I guess), none of them apply to reproductive health. In fact, letting a pitcher out of the installation folder of the program is simply inexplicable. In addition, we will have some unhappy campers if you just delete the folders and all its contents. When you remove them, please make sure they are empty.

What is the status of the 2 folders and shortcut? GM answer seems to be very low, does not inspire confidence. I'm not tempted to give 0.00001 bitcoin a company that thinks dumping two folders in the root and the force re-create a shortcut url for each launch is part of a logic of sound coding. Initial tests indicate that the pitcher gets pretty sad if you do not have a C: drive. I'm going to replicate on another computer in a while.