Thread: Unable to load Torchlight on steam

Unable to load Torchlight on steam

I just purchased this Torchlight video game on Steam today. After that I'm experiencing a immediate crash on launching torchlight on Mac OS X 10.6.4. this happen on almost all the time and hence I need the perfect solution that help me to solve this problem. I think many user has to be faced this problem. Then please suggest your own experience of how to solve this crashing problem. Thanks in advance.

re: Unable to load Torchlight on steam

If you really faced this kind of problem which is related to the graphics then use the process and it really work to solve your startup game crash problem. then first open the c:\Documents and Settings\{Username}\Application Data\runic games\torchlight\ link and try to discover the Torchlight settings_editor.txt file on this directory. After doing this task you need to change one thing onto it. This is to be set OPENGL to 1. It works and then try to start the game. this will solve your problem.

I think there is some serious damage happen on this system and hence the game would ‘t be able to run this game. In this you need to check that the existing graphics card will be work well or not. Yep, sometime this happen that the game will not be startup because the graphics card need the additional graphics driver. Hence this crashing happens on it. In this case, you need to perform the driver update on it and try to solve this problem.

I'm not sure if that's the source of your problem, but if it is, you'll probably want to hunt down where the editor puts the mods and delete them. Then you need to perform this uninstall task successfully. You can do this task using the proper way. Then follow the reinstall process using the steam and I think this will be help to remove startup problem. it might be work and then you can able to solve this problem.

Torchlight just came out a couple of hours ago; expect more Torchlight issues to be added in this list as they come. Someone linked to a blog entry from the zero-gear developer about creating rim lighting with no shades. In actual case, there are lot of graphics engage onto it. Hence you need to just perform the graphics driver checking on it. If this is to be the graphics driver problem then perform the driver update task on it. It helps to you for solving the problem.

I think this is the problem related to the game and it would be possible that you have not been installing this video game properly. Hence this system will be gives this kind of problem. In this case, you need to just follow the game uninstall and then reinstall process. It works most of the time and it might be possible that game crashing problem has been completely removed. Then try this and solve this problem.

For your Response, I try to find the exe file on the torchlight folder but it can’t work to solve this problem. Hence I decided to do the major changes on this system. Hence I just contact the expert person and then the expert on this will be advice me the best information. It helps me to solve this problem. I think you can also try this expert advice and it might be work in your case to solve problem.