Thread: Will Panzer Corps will do Pacific General?

Will Panzer Corps will do Pacific General?

I was not a fan of Panzer General or Panzer General II otherwise ALlied General or Peoples General or Fantasy General at all. But I actually enjoyed Pacific General. Therefore, I am wondering how long before they get around to remaking that one? If you have anything to comment on then please post that over here. I hope we will have a good discussion here.

re: Will Panzer Corps will do Pacific General?

The Pacific theatre is absolutely worthy of a superior strategy game. I think there is much demand for it. They don't want to be typecast as "the remake company". Panzer Corps, as a re-imagination of the classic was a pleasant surprise and for me at least felt just right in this point in time. I don't necessarily expect the same engine to be used. There is already at least one Pacific campaign available to Battlefield Academy, we might well see something similar added to Panzer Corps.

I am a fan of Pacific General. In my estimation Panzer Corps is a step back from Pacific General as it doesn't allow buying naval units and doesn't have a detailed damage model for ships. Plus, naval support fire is too ineffective. I hope that in "Pacific Corps", they keep the primary focus on ground units and a traditional island hopping campaign, with air and naval doing their usual supportive roles.

I can wait and would absolutely desire on the beta team for Pacific General. It's the best Panzer General game made. Plus there's not enough games on the land based Pacific side of the war. We already have enough WW2 and Africa korp and Eastern Front. Those are the ones that should move to the minority column for future releases.

The naval units are more luxurious as well as time consuming to build as compared to any land or air units and it is likely that High Command has a spare battleship they can lend you in case you want another one. Hearts of Iron gives a additional sensible feeling of this sort of thing, as it easily takes 2-4 years for a capital ship to be prepared from the time it is commissioned.

I seemed to be swarmed with enemy battleships and cruisers in Norway. I believe 2 battleships, and at least as many heavy cruisers. They destroyed my fancy navy on my first attempt. On my second attempt, knowing what I was facing, I returned the favor. I fared much better with my shore bombardments than they did, though, and I was surprised that even my infantry was able to get some kills on destroyers in defense. That just shouldn't happen.

Re: Will Panzer Corps will do Pacific General?

I loved both Panzer and Allied, but I had more fun with Pacific General than the previous games. The Pacific was a nice change of pace. Especially after the modding community started creating content. I enjoyed the naval core aspect. Germany with a significant navy stretches credibility, but when playing a campaign with America, Britain, Italy or Japan naval core could add another fun strategic element. More options equal more fun.