Thread: Left 4 Dead 2 game lagging with AMD Radeon HD 6870

Left 4 Dead 2 game lagging with AMD Radeon HD 6870

Hello friends I have recently upgraded my computer with from AMD Radeon HD 5830 to AMD Radeon HD 6870 and after doing that I am facing one problem with my computer. Now whenever I try to play the Left 4 Dead 2 game at that time game gets freezes for some seconds and after that it comes back to the normal. Is there many thing wrong with my new graphic card or this issue is regarding graphic drivers, please tell me how to fix this issue?

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 game lagging with AMD Radeon HD 6870

First of I would like to ask you that you are facing this problem with Left 4 Dead 2 game or with any other game also the screen freezing issue is coming. If you are facing this problem with the Left 4 Dead 2 game only then I there might be something wrong with the game which and if with other game also if you facing this problem then I there might be something wrong with the graphic driver installed in your computer.

As far as I know you are facing this problem because may be some of your old graphic drivers file are still exist in your computer and that is why you are facing this problem. I would like to suggest you to first uninstall all the graphic drivers from your computer and after that you have to run driver cleaner on your computer and then you have to insert the driver CD again in your computer and after you have install the drivers again in your computer. Now after doing that you will not face any issue with the Left 4 Dead 2 game.

If you are facing the same problem after trying above solution also then I think you need to upgrade the graphic driver in your computer and after that check updating the graphic driver you will not face any issue while playing Left 4 Dead 2 game in my computer. Before you install the updated driver in your computer you have to make sure that you removed all the previously installed drivers from your computer and then install the new drivers again in your competitor

Well after reading your above solution I have tried to solve this issue by installing reinstalling the graphic driver in my computer but after doing that also was experiencing the same problem with my computer and after that I have reinstalled Left 4 Dead 2 game in my computer but after reinstalling the game also when i start the game at that time I get the same problem in my computer. Now I don’t know how to get rid of this issue. Please help me with this.

As you have mentioned in your post that after upgrading the graphic card in your computer you are facing this problem then I think you should try to solve this issue by updating the BIOS in your computer. I am giving you this solution because some time if we connect any new hardware with our computer at that time our BIOS needs to be refreshed or update. Just download the BIOS update file and after that update the BIOS in your computer then your problem will get solved.

After reading your post I came to know that I am facing this problem because of the old version of the BIOS in my computer and after that I have downloaded the updated BIOS version file in my computer form its official web site and after downloading the updated version of the BIOS in my computer I have done BIOS update and after doing that all the things started working fine. Thank you so much for helping me.