Thread: Fun game and Horrible Controls of Rusty Hearts

Fun game and Horrible Controls of Rusty Hearts

This will turn off many players. The control scheme is one of the worst ever. The height of FF11. I use the mouse in the dungeons. I admit I found it quite frustrating, even after it is modified, if not for me to own a gaming device I have left. The use of a controller is now making this game worth playing. What do you think about this? I really like to know more about this, so if anyone has any ideas to share with me.

Re: Fun game and Horrible Controls of Rusty Hearts

This is an issue in the current game development, I hope they fix it soon and I have posted something similar, maybe a little more specific on the issues of control, camera control problems and some presets that are imposed. Since the game is still developing and this is the first beta test that I hope will address these issues as soon as possible. All we can do is give them some advice on what is in the way of the game and what we believe can help / fix the problem.

Well the game is very nice, but I agree with u all, no mouse sucks. Reminds me of Devil May Cry where u have to buy a controller to have all the fun that is very annoying as it is a PC game and not a ps or an Xbox is much simpler to slash games for the using a mouse in its place of up down left right awful keyboard truly wedges. Well, I wish they could do to play with the mouse as a success, normal left click and right click to block or whatever and normal keyboard skills, I think it's going to play anyway maybe buy a controller, but is a little late to do anything by developers.

Now, I've just been curious for a while, but it looks like a wrestler RPG for me. I have yet to hear one of those actually using the mouse. Why are we complaining about the lack of a mouse in a genre that was never meant to be played with a mouse in the first place? I do not understand why you want the mouse. All I could think of is to have better control of the camera, but it is assumed that the cells far as I know.

I think the problem is not using the mouse or not, but let the player choose to use it, or at least freely command settings (keyboard, mouse and joystick with) will. It should not be a big problem can be solved without changes in both the game play and can recommend a specific setting for the game "better", but allows the player to settings as he likes. We can argue about what kind of game it is, what kind of settings should be key to better use, or if the development team decided, let us be free configurations and decide for ourselves.

I just remembered a good example of game design that forces the player to continue with a default configuration to improve the game: Castlevania for the NES, the development team decided to take a slight delay between pressing a button and the actual attack will make the player have to rethink their actions in the game. The use of ladders in the game was also such a decision, which could only have left to play freely up and down (like the later games of the series allows), but did so only possible for you to go up / below, if you choose to go up / down at the start of the ladder.

I also agree with everything users are saying here. Honestly, I played World Homeless, WoW, and Dragon Battle Forge, from what I've seen my share of various control schemes and different games. This is by far the worst I've seen. It's actually just a horrible implementation. I could not even tolerate the arrow keys, as Dragoninca was a similar control scheme, but the turn, reset with QWE is really annoying. Additionally, the game has not been completely optimized for use with keyboard controls only (in my opinion) so it is constantly having to click things anyway.

It would be nice to have mouse control in the dungeons, and the arrow keys to make it quite awkward. An analog stick in a game platform makes things much smoother (I guess at least that is the case in other games with similar controls). Although I do not think it necessary, it would be good to use the mouse for smoother motion. I think the main problem would be lack of easy access attack / skill buttons, because you will need WASD for movement. In addition, the left hand gives a lot to do if you have to make the move, besides constantly hitting buttons in combat.