Thread: Save file of Torchlight 2 is messed up

Save file of Torchlight 2 is messed up

I have started to play Torchlight 2 on Steam. I have created my own character into the game and customize the same in the game according to requirement of mine. after restarting the game on the Steam I have found that there was no customization on the character of mine. Let me know if you are having any other information to fix the matter of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Save file of Torchlight 2 is messed up

Well looking at the problem let me know which operating system do you have installed on the system of yours? Do you have done any changes on the system of yours? Let me know if you are having any other information which will help me to figure out the why the above mentioned issue is being happening into the situation of yours. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours in this particular matter.

If you are playing the Steam version of the game than the save of the game is kept into the steam cloud or any of the specific folder of Steam. I recommend that you should simply look into the 0.SVT if you are getting any copy which is used somewhere in the computer of yours. once you have find the same you should simply move the 0.SVT file to any of the another folder than you should simply rename the backup.tmp file to the 0.SVT. so try the same and let me know whether it is making any difference into the situation.

In this particular situation I am suspecting that there is a corruption of the save file which has been associated with the game. I recommend that you should simply restart the character into the game and see whether it is working or not. if there is no change in the situation than you should simply backup Save file and then you should simply delete the save file on the computer of yours . I am hoping that it will be useful to you.

In order to resolve the matter of issue of yours I recommend that you should reinstall the entire game on the computer of yours. you have to uninstall the entire game and then also remove all the files which are associated with the game. after doing the same you should restart the computer and then you should make an attempt to install the game on the system of yours. let me know about the result after reinstalling the game on the system of yours.

I am highly suspecting that there is a bug issue associated with the game Torchlight 2. I recommend that you should simply contact the developer of the game and file a bug report. The developer of the game will work on the same and they will release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter of yours. make sure that in the bug report you have provided the information which is associated with the issue which you are getting and the computer configuration of the system of yours.