Thread: Any chance of voice chat support in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Any chance of voice chat support in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

From the audio port on the 3DS is recognized in the line of microphones, it seems only natural to include voice chat in a game with online co-op. Do you think this would be difficult given the amount of hardware resources 3DS mercenaries may possibly be the assignment? I actually asked this question a representative from Capcom / PR man / whatever in a 3DS event a while ago, seemed evasive, saying only that all the features of the game will be released in time and is not willing to reveal new that day. Anyone have a clue any more about this?

Re: Any chance of voice chat support in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

I think there will be voice commands. In the trailer screams the name of Chris Claires, while resuscitation. Wesker says, "Show yourself" doing his taunt. Being a bit of a waste that the voice actors in at little things. Also, without voice commands, there is no way to communicate with your partner, I doubt that will have voice chat. Voice Chat DS support for some games. So it's definitely in the 3DS. How can you not know, because I'm not a programmer, but still.

I'm hoping, regardless of voice chat, that we get more commands available. There were unused ones in RE5, such as commands to split up, send someone ahead, ask for weapons, etc. The main thing to consider is that, since this is on a portable, users won't always be in a position where they actually want to use voice chat. Giving us more command options, in the way that Left 4 Dead does on PC, can make up for that. As well as give characters more personality.

Capcom employees are under confidentiality agreements and have to be evasive to avoid leakage of information that is not ready to be announced. He said that what was allowed to speak, nothing more. The game could well have voice chat, but the possibility that in itself is not there and that only through communication can go in the game. Other games that include voice chat were the Pokemon games and Clubhouse Games. There are probably more but these are the only ones who had experience using.

It does not really surprise me. The game is really just a game full fetched in my opinion. In fact, a mini game made in a previous ER game. So I'm pretty sure the voice chat could be supported as 3DS takes online gaming to a whole new level. The Mercenary must use all the features that 3DS has to offer. Otherwise, the match ratings fall dramatically in my opinion, as voice chat should be to obtain a 100% satisfaction of the multiplayer game.

I do not think it is quick cash in. But I agree on its definition. is not a complete set of its plumage to be marketed. I think if they do in a series to be developed. However in planning / development of this game they were looking to release only one game in the launch window. Since there are very few games (IMO) are sets of depth at the launch, Capcom will be able to take advantage of that with this game. And for those users to use Skype for the game. Want to add my f / c? I'll be looking for that kind of players while the game is released.

As cool as it would've been to have it, it’s probably not needed. I'm sure it has in game character chat options that make it plenty playable. If I could play Mercenaries in RE5 without using a mic, I could play this. Voice chat in DS and 3DS games, while not unheard of, wasn't that common, and there may have been barriers to overcome while trying to add it it to the game if they tried. The co-op style of the game makes it not really needed.