Thread: Figured Out Character Situation of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Figured Out Character Situation of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D is not a main game or something. I do not think Capcom had planned in this game becoming so wildly popular that it even admitted that. Remember that this game is just for us to wait until Resident Evil Apocalypse is complete. So this brings me to my point. Revelation does not come out until 2012, so Capcom needs to keep us busy until then. They will start by giving us 8 characters, we know who they are. Then, when Capcom sees that we are losing interest in the game and start getting restless again, new characters will be released ahead again.

Re: Figured Out Character Situation of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

You're right on this, mercenaries 3D is not a main game, so we have 2 sets of RE for us to wait until the revelations in freedom, we can play the mercenaries in 3D and after completing the game we play ORC. So it's going to take awhile for the disclosures to be released. But keep in mind that its only the demo version that is 8 characters long, the guys responsible, said there will be more in the final version, it was said that after the DLC. I say do not worry as there are still 2.3 months left before the game ships.

If the game Mercenaries is not selling well, Capcom probably assume that there is sufficient demand for the product. Deal could lead to another medium, but are likely not going to risk another failure. I remember when they released the GameCube remake. Do not pull the numbers they wanted, and instead of trying again on another console (and the risk of pulling the same numbers or worse), I decided to put that idea on hold indefinitely. The same applies here. This is a handheld, so that might change things, but if this game sells poorly, do not get your hopes up a version of the console.

As for what's going to happen with announcements, I suppose it depends on one thing: is there any event left between now and E3 that Capcom will participate in? If not, I'd figure that 8 characters is all we'll be getting (unless Capcom has the ace to end all aces up its sleeve). At this point, if there aren't any announcements that state that there are 8+ characters and/or DLC planned for the future, I'm not planning on getting this.

For "this is a spin-off" idea was the beginning of the thread, it feels like a cyclical argument of where I stand. Capcom probably wants to have decent sales numbers before deciding to start announcing DLC, and I (and probably quite a large number of people) (if no more characters will be announced in the game at launch) some sort of guarantee that not going to be DLC in the future before buying the game. We have to wait and see what comes, I guess.

Is not this that had happened, Capcom had lost many RE fans; they can grow without interest and move on to other games, due to the lack of updates and versions. Other than that, I also see it in a way that RE: R would have had taken so much space to the extent that it was not possible for the two games to coexist on a single disc / cartridge which may had been the mode of give a different title and added that the modes of mercenaries had no past.

I believe they might do the disc locked content like they did with Mega man Powered up and give us monthly access to new content like powered up did on the PSP. Aside from that they said it would take a while to unlock everything as well as use the coins to purchase things. So I guess they are hoping completionists who want all the characters/levels/costumes/bgms and so on will keep at this game for some time after release. Just my 2 cents.