Thread: New info of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D from a Nintendo Power interview with Capcom

New info of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D from a Nintendo Power interview with Capcom

I just get the interview detail of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D. So the few great things I got from this are: He was the team's experience creating large multi-dimensional maps: Which means they could have done Created maps and not reused just RE4 / 5 maps, this refers to the streets of Raccoon City all stages has been asking for. And, pointing to something in the game to enhance playability: This leads me to think they have some kind of completely new way to completely change the way you play the game. What do you think?

Re: New info of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D from a Nintendo Power interview with Capcom

Sounds good, but I hope there is no way out of time in not having to run. You know, like his goal would kill all the enemies on the map (do not stop coming over time), and the faster you make more points or something. Care to share your thoughts about this. Just curious. I think it would be good for people like me who do not like having to run through a whole game, but may take time and develop strategies to defeat enemies. I really do not see the harm in this.

Re: New info of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D from a Nintendo Power interview with Capcom

I'd say drastically less detailed models, less animations, smaller maps, fewer enemies, lower res textures and lower render resolution is "holding back". They may have to do stuff on the 3DS they didn't have to do on previous handhelds (like shaders and normal maps), but it's still a gigantic step between this and current gen consoles. Chances are NGP Capcom games will also utilize MT framework mobile, and not MT framework 2.1. I think you underestimate what the engine as well as the game is going to deliver.

I think what they mean is that the game was designed with the highest possible quality with MTframework then optimized for 3DS. More likely is that the game runs through the engine via PC MT are likely to see the quality of console. MT moving frame, so I can make games that are nearly indistinguishable from the next generation of graphics. Of course, games have to match the hardware technology once it is in our hands we are given the graphics are limited only by the hardware you are using.

Here I just wish to add something in this case. If they've got a PC version which looks as good as RE5, then they're doing extremely inefficient development. 3DS simply can't handle the same assets. I think the videos so far make that extremely clear as the models looks to be slightly less complex than the ones in RE4, the textures are obviously far less detailed and one of the biggest changes is that the maps themselves have become smaller.

I have the impression that they did not. Anyway that link is responsible for everything you just said to the exclusion of map size. And I will say, we have only seen two maps of an unknown quantity. You should not jump the gun on the basis of hands on impressions of the demo. God only knows what sets the final game will have to build from, that is several months old now.

I've read articles about mobile MT Framework; I know what they are using. That still does not mean they are doing the same high quality assets that would make gaming 360/PS3/PC MT Framework. Unless you also carry the game to those platforms, it would be foolish to do so. The 3DS cannot manage the assets, so they have to do much more low quality; I guess it's easier to do too much. The only exception may be models of the characters, and you'd need a high quality version for normal maps. There are also some effects that are not doing the 3DS (such as explosions are more simplistic).