Thread: how can I make house props for Torchlight 2

how can I make house props for Torchlight 2

I am the user of Torchlight device. I know that there are several people who remember the houses in Diablo2 in which you can walk into. Sometimes you can see the bed within gold hidden in it. Actually my question is for one the members either it can be modders or deys who knows that this can be already exist in the Torch ED device. Is this possible in "enterable house props" can be work in doable in TL2. It is very clear to everyone there may or may not be multiple little props or one big prop which allow the player to walk inside , with collision structured. But my main question is fading the rooftop when it goes to underneath of it. In this way you can see inside the house. Then also the rooftop is visible when it not under it. That’s why it look like complete house when you are in the house. Suppose the rooftop has its own object then it goes with transparent when the player goes underneath it. But it became opaque when the player leaves that object. Or may be similar to that? Please help me out.

Re: how can I make house props for Torchlight 2

I read your description and I come to know that this is widely asked question in this field. I think for that you must have to check out the possibility of putting the fading roof feature into the TL2 or not. There are two objects are exists which are definitely having no collision with each other at all. There is a possibility of creation of enterable house which has the fading roof feature in the TorchED excluding the fading part. The player box /sphere uses to trigger out which covers the house with the proximity of the house. You have to set the roof price to false state (for visibility) when the player may or may not in the trigger’s region. But this is just disappear and it not a fade. I have this much of information. I hope this will give you some help to solve your problem. Thank you.

After reading your question I think that there is a easy way to solve your problem. Here I am giving you an advice to you that you could hack up a fade effect this can be possible by creating multiple models of the same roof which can varies in transparencies. And you can also hide/ show them through the course of the timeline. Actually this is not a bad idea at all. The part with which I am mostly concerned than getting it into the fade specifically is the part about getting a prop above the player to disappear. So the idea of multiple transparencies is not a bad idea at all. I think this much of information is useful to you for solving the problem. Hope this will work for you. Thank you.

I read the problem of yours and I think that the solution for that is not so easy. but I have some information for you. I am giving you some information here. You can do anything with the box colliders. But I remember you that fading is nice for you. Some it overkill you that when you try to create multiple models with the material of different alpha. You require much of those if you want to make fluent fade. Sometime here you found some property Fadetime for all the unit would be good and well managed. It also used to calculate the gradient for alpha when there is any change in the visible flag. The value is also 0 and is just flip it. This is also used in the forest for hiding the tree leafs. when a player is hidden behind the large tree. I think this will give you some better idea to solve your problem. Hope this will work for you. Thank you.

I want to tell you something about the problem which you mention earlier. I want to say that it is the easier way to solve your problem that you have to do this in TL2. But you have to do it as a mod. If you want to make the roof separate then just hide and show for the trigger. The place where it is possible to keep it secret is dungeon. Because we don’t have an outside building that we do it with. As a result I say that it doesn’t like worth the effort to make it work and also feel nice. Because it has low payoff. I have this much of information. I hope this will give you some help to solve your problem. Thank you.