Thread: Only 8 playable characters in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Only 8 playable characters in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Anyone know or aware about this? There are only 8 characters are unlocked remaining all you have to unlock by playing and by winning the game by getting A rank in the stages or if they will be DLC, than that cost money. If it is DLC you lost your sale. Does this at a standstill sound like a mini game to anybody else? And the most horrible part about it is that I will pay for a full game after that have to pay even more if I wish to play a Leon or ada.

Re: Only 8 playable characters in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

I have serious doubts about the latter two are Rebecca and Barry. Do not get me wrong. I like both. But it was the selling points of the Gold Edition already. Are you saying they are giving us maps RE4, but not the poster boy of the party, and their half of the show ER? Incredibly doubtful. Leon is almost guaranteed to be in. If there are really just eight characters in total than, that leaving only one other place. And you've only got a single character so far.

It may just be me, but this list looks weak. RE4's mini game had 5 characters, and RE5's had 4 at release, 8 after DLC. Those weren't full retail releases. They were mini games. I really hope Capcom wows me with something else, like the scope of these missions, or a versus mode, or a really, really robust customization system. Something to make up for the lack of fan service, which I thought this game, was all about in the first place.

They're ambiguous, androgynous black shapes of people faded out by a bad lens flare. It's no more a fact that they're Rebecca and Barry than it would be if I said it was Lenny Kravitz and Lucy Lu. Still, it could be Rebecca and Barry, but they're hardly set in stone. My argument was that Leon makes far more sense. I don't even like the guy, but having RE4 and RE5 together, yet not including the poster characters of both, is just dumb marketing. It would be like if Marvel vs. Capcom had Spider-Man but not Ryu.

The other 2 worth not be Barry and Rebecca, I just hope Capcom is not stupid. Leon and Sheva would make sense, but it gave me the feeling that Capcom will make Leon as DLC, something like what they did with Jill MvsC3. A character like Leon are installed to buy a lot of fans (Rebecca Barry and not so much) more money for Capcom. Hunk and I'm fine with Claire, but it’s disappointing that so far this game seems to have less content RE5 Mercenaries gold, and it was just a bonus.

This is quite disappointing. Only two characters are revealed, it will be? Barry? Rebecca? Ada? Leon? Hopefully RE5 characters keep-only solution. I fully expect more characters to be released as downloadable content for extra cash, which is how Capcom. This allows game developers to put less thought into the initial product, and you can always "fix" later with the DLC will have to pay. The DLC material is too far from the hand I think. If the gaming industry continues along this path is going to be a serious problem, people will not tolerate it!

Notice 6 of the characters from the Promo Art are confirmed. From the start Chris, Claire, Hunk, and Krauser were confirmed. They're all on the Promo Art. Then Wesker and Jill were confirmed. They're on the Promo Art. That only leaves 2 more characters to be revealed from the Promo Art. And don't panic now; I'm sure these won't be the ONLY playable characters. They just are the only characters playable from the start.

The only one that does not match the 100% is Claire, and that's just because I used to do bad reference. This is a bit exaggerated, but I'll write anyway. While there are only 8 characters in the game and there Leon and Ada, which is deliberately avoided if the addition of these characters? Just so they can have an ad then goes "Mercs has been announced for other platforms! This time it features everyone has been asking for, as Leon, Ada, new maps and versus mode!"