Thread: Fast forward not working in Sims 3

Fast forward not working in Sims 3

I am having Sims 3, I am playing it around two to three hours daily. When I am playing the game many times I am using the fast forward feature of the game. But form few days when I try to fast forward the game the doesn’t fast forward as it need to be. When the Sims sleep in the game then I have tried to fast forward it but it’s not going to work for me. Nothing is happening only voice gone fast forwarding but the game play wont. Does anyone facing such a problem. And anyone has a solution for it.

Re: Fast forward not working in Sims 3

I am also having Sims 3 with the expansion packs. I am have you one solution for you. Since when I am running the game in the high settings. Or more higher settings I am facing such a problem. When I have downgraded the graphics settings for me . this solution helps me since I am now able to user the fast forward perfectly. So if you are running the game in the high settings. Try to take graphics to medium and lower level. If on medium if it works then good. Otherwise keep settings to lower one. It will solve your problem.

I want to know that which version of the game you are using. Since the latest version is solving the issue of fast forward problem. Since when I patched my game it solved the fast forwarding problem. Now the game works perfectly for me. So try to download the latest patch for the game. Try to do this using the Sims 3 game launcher check for updates for the game and apply the patch. Patch has solved the issue of fast forwarding.

As I know there are total three speeds with pause. The first speed is normal speed. Which take 1 second to pass 1 minute in the game? So if the sim gets the sleep of around 10 to 12 hours. Then it will take around 10 to 12 minutes. The second speed is 50 % faster than the normal speed. And the third speed is double the normal speed. Still the speeds are slower as compare to the Sims 2. And has some bugs which are solved by the patch.

You haven’t specified the specification of your system. Please check the minimum system requirement and recommended system requirement for the game. Since if your system doesn’t meet the system requirement of the game. Then you will face such a lag while using the fast forward mode. So try the requirement or play the game in the lower or medium level. Try to disable shadows it will helps.

I am having Sims 3 and the expansion packs of the game. If the system doesn’t meet the requirement of the game. Try this it will help you. Don’t try to control the household which has more than 5 sims in one house. Since my system also doesn’t meet the recommended requirement. So I will always control the household which has only 3 to 4 Sims in it. And when I try to fast forward the game it works perfectly. And if has more than 5 sims in household fast forward doesn’t work. So controlling 2 to 3 sims will help you. Also the game lags on higher system also if household has more members in it.