Thread: How to update Sims Generations expansion pack on Mac OS X Lion

How to update Sims Generations expansion pack on Mac OS X Lion

I have been a Sims user for years now and when I got Sims 3, after a couple of months playing it, it asked me if I wanted to update my game, I said yes as I had never done it before. It totally messed up my game, and i had to reinstall it all. Over the next year or so I collected all the expansion packs, not stuff packs and always clicked NO to the updates, recently just before Generations came out, I thought that I would click yes when it offered an update to see if it made a difference, it did exactly the same as before, freezing as soon, or minutes after I had started playing. I didn't re-install because I thought that when I got the Generations expansion pack it would sort itself out. It didn't, so I went through the game reinstalling every single expansion pack and game. But at the same time my dad installed the newest version of Mac OS X Lion on to my computer. i was wondering if anyone else has the same problem with the updates, generations and Mac OS X Lion.

Re: How to update Sims Generations expansion pack on Mac OS X Lion

Lion is no doubt heading off to create some situations, resulting from the fact that you undoubtedly have a designer form. I haven't met one Mac user that didn't have issues with Generations bothering up their diversion, but take a few to get back some composure of EA back and they ought to have the ability to help you (I'd tell you how I altered mine, but it was a while back and there were a LOT of strides and I genuinely could not recollect part of how I did it now...). You could be stayed without Sims until Lion is discharged to the general population, or you minimize once again up to Snow Leopard, so there aren't a great deal of explanations for you as of this moment.

My proposal could be to see depending on if you are able to play your amusement on a different Mac or PC workstation you might have that is NOT running Lion and hold up till some robust upgrades from Lion and EA aim to get the event. Enjoy I expressed, I want to overhaul, but not until some major bugs are out of it. I studied my lesson from Snow Leopard. I am sitting tight for Apple to get some of the "bugs" out of the revamped OS. What I do is play it on my PC. I have a utility that adjusts any late indexes on either my Mac or PC to one another so they are unfailingly forward. In the event that I feel the need to play it on my Mac or if something happens to my PC, my recreation is gone down on all my PCs.

With the Macbook Pro mid 2009 (15"), there are a few design card, following adapting the settings to the Higher Performance design card it works fine. I overlooked to say concerning the representation card. I've had mine for all time set to the devoted card for over a year or something like that now (that would be the one demonstrating in the specs screenshot I presented).

As with any new OS version will be errors, but the lion, as the minor change I do not think it should be no way incompatible with the exception of the version control feature built into the operating system, applications can deny that the versions that I think is a simple change. I think there is only a quick update. Now I have Leo installed on my Macbook Pro and have had TS3 game for the last hour or so, no problem. It loads fine and plays well. Not notice any difference at all in the game. Specifications me: I have all the EPs and SP a day and not DC or mods.

I unequivocally downloaded Mac OS X Lion 10.7 today, and TS3 stops following less than 20 moments of play. Thinking it could be a similarity issue with Generations, I uninstalled that. Still had the situation, uninstalled each and every EP in reverse request and attempted to play each time, still have situations unequivocally with TS3. I have a 13 creep Mid 2010 Macbook Pro, 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 6 GB 1067 MHz Memory, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB Graphics.

In the event that you have a late 2008 or 2009 15" Macbook Pro or early to mid 2009 17" Macbook Pro, you will have a few design cards. Head off to framework inclination > force saver and switch to the higher appearance card. The 2010 & 2011 models might as well be fine dealing with the mixed (preferable electric storage device existence) cards. Some folks are reporting that if they reinstall the base game without fixing the event is running peachy. So it is in this manner an ea fix which appears to be bringing about this situation.