Thread: Will you like to see new characters in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Will you like to see new characters in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

After the reaction Sheva from the general fan base, Capcom is likely to be reluctant to introduce newcomers to the titles of long-distance and rely on old faithful to the front of the new games. So you like to see rookie (in particular, the types of soldier) "test" in a game of attack score before being integrated into the canon, anyway? Anyone have any idea on this? I really need to know about your idea on this.

Re: Will you like to see new characters in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

I think it was horrible that she has that reaction. She is one of my favorite characters. Although I think if I was going to happen, then I think we will not see the progression of both types of characters from Japan. A pity, since it basically ensures that the characters in the Japanese game to take a step backwards to have to repeat again and again what they did now. I can understand the hatred of the IA, or perhaps the best option for some is a bit too dependent on Co-op. Fine critical writing quality is not the same (although I laugh, given the quality of writing was never a strong point RE.

I'm not buying the whole (The only reason she made it in) line. (I swear, those people are just as bad if not worse than the folks who cried the race thing after the first preview. At least those folks learned to stop.) I don't give a rats butt why she made it in. She was in, and that's that. But more so, I think it is Capcom fans trying to write the story for Capcom. They wanted the age old poetic finish with the first two characters being the only ones ending the Umbrella arc.

It took a while for fans to warm to Leo, too. Although I think it was the introduction of new RE fans during entry of Leon helped me a lot. Sheva is technically the next Leon, but due to the possibility of not seeing her again, she will not have the same change of heart (due to new people coming in), as Leo did. Unfortunately, fans do not like change. And this is precisely what they are feeling the pressure of all profits to developers based on Western history has been receiving in the industry, seem to inhibit the expectation of no change of frequency to changes each game to keep people too used to everything.

I think that poses the biggest problem for the developers of this. Especially those who do not necessarily want the first couple of main characters who always play a major franchise. As I said before, developers have avoided this by Westerners to be consistent enough to lead to new perspectives of history, different network, until they eventually merge into a late. (You can also leave behind the previous network through timing differences). New people will want much more that way. Leon was the original goal because it was not Chris, when people wanted Chris again.

New doomed in the current Resident Evil. So in a way, I think it was a wise decision (of any degree of change) to end the arc umbrella and prepare for a total restart. Possibly one that is best suited to bring in big cylinders. The viewpoint of episodic material works quite well. They could learn a lot from those situations, and films like Snatch with his change of perspective, so even some of the team’s side characters seem more comprehensive as they feed around the arc.

Personally, I don't think that'd make sense. Look through character wishlist threads and people are only listing existing characters. I don't think people would have a lot of interest in John Doe when they could play as a character they already know and like. If they're going to introduce new characters, they need to give a proper chance to show that character's personality and back-story, and a mercenaries game doesn't work well for that.

I agree with some of these points (mostly white Valentine, who hit the nail on the head), but what would be the point of introducing a new character in a mini-game like Mercs. First they will not get many lines so just have an idea of what your personality can be. They obviously have no back-story and since it is a spin-off will be completely irrelevant, showing a game like Mercs will become hated because more than likely take the place of an already existing has yet to show in Mercs.