Thread: The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff: Update doesn’t works in MacBook pro?

The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff: Update doesn’t works in MacBook pro?

Hello friends this has been a real problem with me and I don’t know how to solve it, so the problem I have been facing is I have an apple macbook pro with leopard 10.5.7 loaded onto it. It has 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and now when I have tried to update this game it is not working please helps me out with this. Whenever I use to start the sim3 it would give me a pop up that do you want to update this version every time I said no but one day I just wanted to get rid of this so I clicked yes and then is started downloading and now it is saying that this patch cannot be applied in this version please re install.

Re: The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff: Update doesn’t works in MacBook pro?

Yap friend this was the same thing I got I think this is not the version been updated for the mac book may be that’s the problem they would be uploading some patch for us in some days just try to do system restore and you would be getting the game back and keep taking the pain of pressing no when it asks for the update this would keep you away from the problem best of luck and hope you get rid of this problem and we would be getting the new patch quickly.

In the Documents folder should be a new folder called "Electronic Arts", within this a folder called The Sims 3. Inside is all the data except for TS3, and installed the extras. It's basically what we have added to the game itself in the installation. Back up in an even making a copy and paste it into the desk before reinstalling, and just move back to your documents folder when you have reinstalled. Just sure that the folder "The Sims 3 "is in a" Electronic Arts "folder when finished. To ensure that the information remains consistent routes, just copy the entire folder somewhere. Chances Electronic Arts, however, reinstall the game will not affect this folder. In fact, the removal should be as simple as deleting the folder "The Sims 3" is in the Applications folder.

Exactly the same happened to me! It was very annoying, but dint want to lose my game. Sounds like it is to oppose the apostrophe. If possible, remove and treat again. Updating should not mess up. If your concern, you can back up game saves to the document folder on an external hard drive While UNIX allows almost all characters in a file name or folder, the game, even on Macs, is actually a Windows program with a special wrapper around it, and windows is not allowed to use apostrophes in file names, in fact not allowed to use a lot of punctuation characters, Hopefully this would be helping you in some ways.

How they would be getting uploaded into you Macbook it is not for them and I don’t know much about it but I don’t think it would be actually supporting the macbook I don’t even know how are you running this game on you macbook I have heard many issues about this and I don’t know how you have got it this is a great news if you have been working with it and I think you need to tell them on their forum to come up with a update for the mac book and I am sure they would be doing it in some days.

Try removing the comma from the Bob's stuff. And I think you know that Sims 3 mac is a windows application with a different wrapper. So off course I think that the windows don’t like it when you use commas in filenames. Well I hope you understood what I want to explain and if there would be any update for this version you would know about it first search for it and then try to get it don’t randomly try to get it done or you would face lots of problem.

I have a MacBook Pro with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330 M, and the Sims 3 game in it. It is not a graphics card that supports are in their beings, but it works very well. It's working fine on my MBP. Did you let it update to version 1.1, If you do not have enough power for graphics do you know if you can get an upgrade, as you can on a PC? If necessary, play with the resolution settings. Even on intel's website it states that the sims 3 should work with this graphics card and so for me it does. I do not remember if I did or not. MacBook Pro curiosity that is what you have been trying to play Sims 3? I have a 15 "and was thinking of getting Sims 3, but I will not bother if it does not. The MacBook Pro has the Sims 3 very well, though, and the graphics look really good with my card, which is quite similar to yours. I'm sure yours will work too.

Try one or two time i hope this would be done, because when i tried it first time i wasn't able to do it too the first time i have tried it then it was like i got ma pc stuck i was scared and i thought i wont be able to play with this update and then i tried the second time and it dint worked too but the third time i did it, it did worked nicely and now i have been happily able to enjoy this update and i hope you would be able to do it too best of luck and hope you do it.