Thread: Unable to delete save data in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Unable to delete save data in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Anyone have any idea about his? I just heard that you cannot delete save data in this game. To discourage the sale of used games, Capcom has disabled the function to delete your data, except in this game, which means it will not be able to erase the progress made in the game (missions, skills), the content unlocked and high scores. What is considered the correct choice of Capcom? What’s your opinion on this?

Re: Unable to delete save data in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Not that it affects me, but I've had some players say they will miss this game, as some want to restore their own progress to start a new game. It all comes down to the fact that once again, Capcom makes people who buy the game legally suffer, while as soon as the 3DS is hacked to be able to delete your saved data well. Why cannot Capcom stop being so nasty to your measurements (SF4 Arcade edition anyone?). I'm the type of player who probably will not sell your game anyway, but could affect many others.

The intensive use of disk dlc, packages of clothing (Of course, you do not have to buy, but it certainly will make a good profit too) and the like. I'm not worried, and probably never will sell the game anyway. But there are probably many people who think differently, or, after trying the game, they discover they do not like and want to sell it. I could understand that if 1 or 2 years Capcom released a DLC to clean the data storage so as not to affect the market, while the game is new. But if in a few years someone decides to get a 3DS and this game and want to play the game, your only recourse will be to hack it when new copies must be available.

New copies are always available as long as the 3DS is not obsolete hardware. You can still find copies of brand new Xbox 360 games that came closer to launch. In addition, his first response saying "exactly my point of view" makes no sense. What you and I told him I was not even close to the same. At a standstill do not think you understand what you are complaining about the Arcade edition, so I'll leave that alone. As a rule, however, it would be wise to complain about things that only affect you directly, or at least have a thorough knowledge.

EA is much more active, with its focus anti-wear. Capcom is greedy disk to prevent sales of used. EA has taken a day a DLC which is free for buyers of a new album, but used the game to customers will pay ~ $ 15 for EA to get the full game (whether there is a mission that is missing, the character or the online mode is denied without any code). Other publishers, WB Games, Ubisoft and Take Two have imitated this approach.

To clarify, the retention of part of the game worldwide for startup money is not the same as that used game sales discouraging. In any event, using the overall game sales DLC started the mess, and companies are beginning to realize they can get away with almost anything. DLC packs - that Capcom is really guilty - deserve our anger more than not being able to delete a save file that was my view at all times. You can feel free to discuss the minor details, but there are bigger fish to fry here. This is petty.

This is a deal breaker for me - is the retention of features that have been an important part of the games since they were able to save the cartridges. Want to start over from scratch? Too bad, buy another! Want to see your friend play through it from the beginning? Too bad, tell your friend to buy a cheap copy! This is basic functionality and that the waste will try to set value for resale. Same functionality as the packaging in those terrible "happens in line" with games and a rate of $ 10 for one, if you have one, except it is even worse, because the only way to restore this is the fall of another $ 40.

As many have noted, such as DRM, this is something that once again, only hurts honest customers - once that has been duly hacked 3DS bet a large sum of money (or at least $ 40 is not receiving from Capcom me) anyone downloading this is going to suffer from this amazing "feature" full of Capcom staindgrey inch, just because one thing publishers are making a shit does not mean that another cannot breathe well. Both of the things discussed here are horrible business move they're absorbing all the fun games.