Thread: Unable to install Panzer Corps on Ubuntu

Unable to install Panzer Corps on Ubuntu

I have purchased this game without knowing and verifying. The problem is it is not able to run on Ubuntu. Does anybody done well in running it on top of Ubuntu through Wine. As far as I know that there is no support meant for it, except I at rest hope someone can help me. Whenever I try to run the installer I am getting an error message saying that Failed to open output file. Does anybody know how to solve this thing?

Re: Unable to install Panzer Corps on Ubuntu

I am new to Linux, I use version 8.04 of Ubuntu (Hardy Heron). I recently wanted to install the sims 3 with the software Wine (I also tried with PlayOnLinux but the problem is the same), the installation goes well until error message appears. I use version 1.1.23 of Wine, I searched the forums a similar problem to mine, but without success so I run. I launched the installation through the terminal. I Started from the disk and not the cd, I made a copy, but this does not change, the problem is the same whether the installation is launched from a CD or not.

It is a strategy game and not an action game. Nevertheless, it has RPG elements. As PG1. The only "raw material" that you get in this game is, prestige points. So you can buy additional units, modernize units (make a tiger out of a Panzer III) during the campaign and provide your troops with supplies. In contrast to the tank commander your troops are not the end of the campaign automatically refreshed. In addition, you can, make decisions from a certain prestige, as it goes on.

I have experience in Lynux and let me tell you for games unfortunately linux is actually doing wrong ... but in any case if you want to try using wine or you can try to emulate windows and install the game from there, beware Emil worst windows is not advisable. The easiest is to switch to Windows or emulate

I do not understand much of Linux, but I will tell you if it helps and if you know what I mean (because I do not know and say) partition the hard drive, install Windows on the new partition and play with it. I have run the game smoothly on Linux, ArchLinux to be more specific but in ubuntu not going to have problems. So if you want to run the game in Linux you have to:
    • To be installed in your ubuntu wine
    • Install the game on your Windows partition (with windows)
    • Once back in Linux I opened the folder where you installed the game (windows partition) and run the executable with wine

Wine install a windows emulator to consider installing ubuntu and other special game emulators necessary libraries but they have used wine first. This is the only way available for you to install Windows compatible games and programs on Linux distributions or ubuntu. other than this i dont think that it could be possible in anyway except hacking the game code as well as the installer. However this could be impossible task some time.