Thread: The point of changing characters weapon set in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

The point of changing characters weapon set in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

What is the point of using a weapon set characters instead of the real character? Different set of combat moves, but is there anything else? I know that firing a grenade directly at the head of a boss does massive damage, but risky if you miss it. The designers of this game thought Wesker set of weapon was so powerful that any character that is only used to cure half the amount normally heal as Wesker.

Re: The point of changing characters weapon set in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

The movements of combat do not change. The point of using alternative sets of arms is to give that character an advantage. Rebecca Joint terrible weapon for her, because her melee is too weak to kill the enemy with only his gun. If paired with a firearm powerful, your melees are (sometimes) able to kill enemies in one fell swoop. On the other hand, characters like Krauser, Hunk, Wesker or can benefit from all weapons of Rebecca, because they can use their moves OHK with a shot from the gun of the machine, saving lots of ammunition.

Re: The point of changing characters weapon set in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

The character of choice is rather a combination of the same characters + skill + weapon set. I Rebecca Nurse, with his own weapon along with the murderer of giant bomber and lightning and I am a beast. The melee usually kills an enemy and when it does, this grenade launchers electric as the effect can also kill other enemies around or stuns them to blow another melee. Giant Killer works well against all the leaders, along with attacking ability makes them very easy to disassemble. The grenade launcher is also ideal for crowd control.

Characters like Krauser are pretty powerful on their own without skills but are lacking in other areas. Simply because he lacks a shot gun or something that could kill an enemy quickly (rockets you save for bosses), he also runs slowly so reaching timers is slow and he doesn't heal for very much. So by using someone else’s weapon set you can ride his weakness of not having a medium-damage weapon that can kill a normal enemy very quickly.

I use set of Rebecca and Claire, just because I love. Like what everyone said above, it is not so great for Rebecca, but as Claire can melee most enemies to death after a shot in the knee (lightning gets the job done if you're using that), and the pitcher is great for removing the bosses / mini bosses. I also like how pretty much not at all have to worry about running out of ammunition, weapons have a great deal.

A lot of games do not work too well with the character that come with, and some people like to use their favorite characters. I mean to say that Chris hated someone (not really think that's the case, but is just one example) but I liked their weapons. Why should use when Chris can use their weapons with their favorite character? So yes, there are weapons that work better with other characters, and not all the "favorite character" thing.