Thread: Which Resident Evil you chose to play mercenaries

Which Resident Evil you chose to play mercenaries

Say it is a month later; you have played all there to do in 3D Mercs, but still want to play some mercenaries. What game wills you? Mercs RE4 ? Mercs RE5? Mercs 3D? Personally, I think I'll go back to RE5 Mercs Reunion or Mercs on RE5 PC. Mercs 3D is fun, but there are elements that I miss from RE5 (such as inventory management and improve communication coop) and many of the new additions do nothing to control me. I think things will miss most is being able to mix and match loading weapon outputs and that each character has different health statistics.

Re: Which Resident Evil you chose to play mercenaries

Mercs 3D still probably, if I'm going to turn the PS3 or 360, I'm going to play something that I have not put hundreds of hours already. The reviewer complains mainly about how the game has elements of terror and how it is a game where enemy fire only to accumulate points. There should be no surprise that fans want more mercenary mode. I think it's annoying to hear people that "mercenaries is just a bonus so dim, should never be more than that!" Especially when they are paid to do and consumers rely on their opinion.

That was such a biased review by the reviewer, all he/she did in the review was attack the game for exactly what it’s supposed to be, its Mercs. It’s supposed to be a arcade style action game about killing as many enemies as possible for big scores, what else would people expect it to be? Anyone who knows about Mercs actually expected there to be survival horror elements in this game? Unless you don’t know about Mercs you'd have to be a simpleton to think they would put survival horror elements in this game.

I think I will be back by then RE 5. As much as I like to play some Mercs now without having to change discs, etc. on the PS3, the longer I play the "smaller" feeling. The smaller maps, for example, somehow I miss the extra areas, especially in public meetings, field of missiles and the ship's deck. And three of my favorite maps that do not make RE5 to 3DS. I just only make a small map round, collect bonuses and then go down hostile. Somehow no problem trying to keep up combo and collect bonuses.

I am starting to get that feeling too. I think its advantages. Without profits, the game is much more difficult. Getting the right combo benefit / weapon of a character, and suddenly it's just a test of efficiency. That may, in it, be challenging, but there are leader boards. Ranks of the SS in 3D Mercs, we are very easy to get. But unlike Resident Evil 5, which really cannot compare how we're doing something bigger, so I just play until we think we've played enough. That's not good for a game that claims to be infinitely re-playable.

If you ask me what I'm playing portably in a month, it will still be this, as there are no other titles for the 3DS in that timeframe that will catch my attention. My 3DS goes with me everywhere for the street pass/coins, so I end up playing on the go a lot. I played about 25 rounds of RE5 Mercs/versus tonight and I missed the powered up melee attacks of 3D. Other than the skills, the two games feel comparable to me when played back to back.

Definitely RE5 Mercenaries considering 3DS RE5 just looks like a poor version of what it offers RE5. I really wanted to 3DS mercenaries, but I cannot shake the fact that it is a game that has a lot of corners cut and not a lot of lasting value. I can still play RE5 Mercenaries 2 years later with still no end in sight. It helped to have a goal. My friend and I are trying to beat all my old BS Jill / Midnight with results Wesker STARS Chris / Jill BS. This basically means 900K + in all stages. We have been successful at each stage until now, except people. But if you were to play RE3 Mercs mercenaries in 3DS.

Leader boards aside, however, co-op Resident Evil 5 is the limits and bounds more fun than Mercs 3D of the cooperative. As mentioned, I'm playing Mercs 3D for something different, especially in single player. Mixing skills and sets of weapons is great fun, and my compulsive nature is calling me to SS with everyone in everything that once you TIER up all the individual skills. But back to the original question, in the long run, I'll be playing RE5 on the road. At least until we have a new Mercs experience on consoles.