Thread: Invalid file found message while patching The Sims 3 Base Game to version 1.24

Invalid file found message while patching The Sims 3 Base Game to version 1.24

Just in a time when Sims 3 Town Life Stuff is launching ea has launches patch for Sims 3 Base Game. Version 1.24. This was one common patch which is available for base as well as all the Expansion packs of game. This patch will solve more than 100 bugs in the game. So I want to patch it to game. When I tried to patch the game it is giving errors. First one I got is dfc-gorilla Error Invalid file found is when I clicked ok it gives other error invalid file found. I want to patch game since it was solving many bugs in game. What is the problem how can I fixed it .has anyone got the same error like this. Please provide me a solution.

Re: Invalid file found message while patching The Sims 3 Base Game to version 1.24

I am also having this problem. I own Sims 3 Base Game as well as its two expansion pack world adventure and night life. I started the game launcher. It said me that new updates are available for download so I tried to update it. When I click on update it throws me out of the Game launcher. so I didn’t able to patch the game to newer version. Please anyone provide solution for it. Why ea is launching such a patch which giving problems. I think this patch need other patch to update.

Re: Invalid file found message while patching The Sims 3 Base Game to version 1.24

I am also getting file not found error. Why this is happening. And ea has launched such a buggy patch which even not install over the system to update game. Also I have not using any mods for game so it will give error message .I think the patch file having some corrupt files in it which doesn’t match the log . I don’t know whether they addressed the issue. Please EA address this issue and provide a solution to us. And if anyone has solution please post it.

I don’t get such an error while updating to latest version of game. It works ok for me. But patching game to newer version creating problem for in game contents can now do nothing with fridge and stove the option tinker only available in game. So patch is has some problems in it. Many of people are facing this problem after launch of patch. I think while downloading patch some files may be corrupted therefore it is giving such a error message while updating. Try to download patch directly from ea site and not from launcher it may solve issue you are facing.

I have successfully installed the patch without any errors. And my game plays also not giving any problem. It is ok patch. If anyone of you installed mods for game it will gives you error while patching. Since mode modifies game original files. And while patching the patch checks for the original files of the game in the folder. If any of the file doesn’t match the original file it will throws such an error of file not found. So try to remove mods. I have a solution for one mode. You can do this for censor blur removal patch (which is mode actually and non ea content). You will find this file in “game location/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/Shaders_Win32.precomp”. You will need to replace this file with the original one. Since it was updated by this mods. If you do that and after that if you try to update patch it will successfully updates the game. If you have any other problem except this then I can’t help you anymore.

I have some solutions for you all if you are updating pc version of game I don’t know whether those solutions I am providing will work with Mac OS Sims 3 or not. In your system there is ea download manager which was installed with every EA game. Start the ea download manager it will updates to latest version which is Origin download manager. After updating it try to start the game through launcher it will solve your problem. Since I think it was not compatible with ea download manager. Other solution I have is directly download patch through Sims3 website or any other site which is providing patch and install it. And last solution is start your origin download manager download patch manually for sims 3 trough it and now install it. If all of the above solution will not work I can’t help you anymore.