Thread: Panzer Corps: AI moving the tanks

Panzer Corps: AI moving the tanks

Hello friends, I have never played this game before so forgive me if I am asking some stupid question to you. I would like to ask that why was the AI at one point moving several of my tanks in one location on the map like 4-5 tiles back in front of my eyes? Shouldn't I be the only one being able to control my tanks? Please post your reply soon. I am waiting for the replies. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Panzer Corps: AI moving the tanks

A unit which is suppressed can be forced to retreat otherwise 'move'. Is this what you are describing? If not, do you have any images or can you explain what happened in greater detail? There is no feature for partial control over your forces. I am pretty sure without even asking what scenario you were playing that those tanks were actually enemy tanks. Some of their tanks can look broadly similar to your enemies.

I think that you are playing the tutorial. If so, in the tutorial, both the teams are German except you are Red Team and the other is Blue Team. Maybe, during the AI's turn, it moved a Blue Team tank and you may have thought it was yours? I've never seen an example of the AI moving any of my units and I have played many, many hours of Panzer Corps. I hope that it will help you understand the problem.

If you are aimlessly clicking around on the screen during the AI turn, it is sometimes possible to 'queue up' orders, thus causing the behavior you observed. Were you just watching the AI turn or clicking around occasionally. As you said, it was taking longer than usual. If you see anything odd like this can you save that immediately and so that it can be checked later. I've never heard of anything like it but that doesn't mean it’s not possible.

I didn't do any of that I was just in a very relaxed way observing what the AI did in the hope to learn something from it. When the tanks were moved backwards, I saw it happening in front of my eyes while the AI was still thinking (the progress bar has only like 1mm of red). The move started with the top tank, then the next one, the 3rd etc, almost like someone took a ruler and pushed them to the left, with the only difference that in this case they weren't moved all at the same time, but as far as I can remember from top to bottom.