Thread: Sims 3 game launcher in my system fails to connect to internet

Sims 3 game launcher in my system fails to connect to internet

Well I like to play games on my computer. I have installed many games. I have installed the Sims 3 game on the computer but it isn’t working from the time I get it installed. The tab of the game launcher says “internet explorer cannot display page”. The EA downloader also never connects to the internet even when my internet is connected and working fine with other applications. My antivirus software is off and the firewall is also down. How should I connect it to the internet. Please help!

re: Sims 3 game launcher in my system fails to connect to internet

Make sure that your firewall is not blocking it from connecting to the internet. Go to firewall and check the option. Make the option to unblock and then try. I hope that way it will work. Also try to turn off internet security and clear your internet files including the favorites. You can try to uninstall the game and install it back properly. It could that some files are missing. Tell me which browser you are using. Hope it works.

Please let me know what operating system you have? Is it windows vista or windows 7? If it’s any of them then make sure that the Shortcut icon is set to run in Administrator mode for both the Sims3 Launcher and EA. This might help and you may be able to launch and play your game easily. Right click on each icon select properties >>compatibility and a put a mark on Run as administrator. You can also right click on the icon and change the compatibility option with the operating system the game is compatible with like the game is compatible with windows x and you have windows vista as operating system then change the compatible option with windows XP and apply the settings. This may work. Please let me know.

Download the latest game launcher from the official website and then install it. Make sure that you update the EA download manager. If problem persists then uninstall the EADM and then try to install it again. Firewall should allow EADM. I don’t think there is any problem with the browser. Hope you are not the user with administrator rights. Kindly let me know. Also make sure the game is patched. If you some more problems than visit the official website of Sims and download the latest patch.