Thread: Are you ready to play with any new character in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Are you ready to play with any new character in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

This is something that has me intrigued. Each post or RE2 RE3, most fans have been rather negative to the idea of introducing new main characters (i.e. characters that are in various games). Despite being introduced in a manner similar to the first characters of the series (Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire), many people dismiss the likes of Billy or Sheva. Heck, even Sheva has a backstory that is strongly linked with the umbrella, and is still seen as a side character to most people. What do you think about the character again in this game?

Re: Are you ready to play with any new character in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Hi I have similar question. RE1 and RE2 seem automatically to all the main characters of the series (even someone like Barry who was not even playable). But since then, all new characters have been dismissed as secondary characters. So I have curiosity. Do you have a person here that the series just follow the characters you have now and add new characters? Or if you agree with new players, as if they are introduced?

Re: Are you ready to play with any new character in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

I think not so much that the new characters are interesting because they simply do not want the cast to become oversaturated. This is not Final Fantasy in which each game is a completely separate deal. I'm not against new characters, but I prefer sticking with what we have now, taking into account the number of options available. Still, if you want to reply in this regard then I personally think someone like Sheva has the potential. But if RE5 is still the only party that has been in, it will become another "Billy." I personally do not understand why some people are against Billy and Sheva in a game is new.

I would get new main characters each delivery other. That would be great to play a civil BSAA civilian or green in a new outbreak. That does not mean that older actors cannot be present. I like the opportunity to interact with them. The problem with people like Carlos, Billy and Sheva is the way they were used. They come out as supporting characters, and accompanying a previous principal. Give a new character in the spotlight at their own game and there would be no doubt about their status.

I would; in fact, I think it would be ideal if each set of characters broken out after every game. For me, the RE is not so much a story, setting, or group of characters as a sensation. It is played in a way that was different from most games, even games that use similar features, such as cameras, and is not directly connected to the characters. And in any case, the symbol of the RE should not be a familiar face but a new situation, one that most of us can scarcely imagine. Just my two cents.

I do not think that the story requires repeated characters. Resident Evil 5 only killed the two main antagonists for what follows? The existing players in front of a villain ne? That sounds like a Punisher comic book for me and have higher standards for the history of that found in superhero comic books. A great story arc may underlie a bunch of apparently isolated are related to a variety of players. In terms of a horror story that this works better than the heroes recurrent gradually become Super Saiyans.

I'm not against bringing new blood, but the lack of testicular fortitude Capcom to kill the characters and we would be overcrowded with characters that have no hope in hell of seeing the development of characters (not to do now but still!). Leon is set to die twice, once in RE: CV and again in the earlier version of Resident Evil 4 Capcom, but wimper out for fear of fan reaction. While I am against killing characters without any real reason (shock kills suck), if it helps the development of character or add / make sense within that particular parcel of what the games say go for it.