Thread: Is Intel core i7 2.2 GHz processor in MacBook Pro sufficient for video gaming?

Is Intel core i7 2.2 GHz processor in MacBook Pro sufficient for video gaming?

I have bought a new i7 2.2 GHz processor Mac Book Pro for my home. I am very much satisfied with it the configuration. I have a great interest in playing games on computers. So I want to ask is how is i7 2.2 GHz processor for the computer? It has 15 inch screen with a very decent hard disk space RAM and video card. Kindly tell me whether I would easily be able to play games? Advice would be appreciated.

Re: Is Intel core i7 2.2 GHz processor in MacBook Pro sufficient for video gaming?

Firstly in my view i7 2.2 GHZ processor is good for gaming. Even games can be played on Intel Pentium 4. For gaming the most important thing is the graphic card. And second important thing for gaming is the RAM. Good graphic card and RAM will allow you to play games on the computer very comfortably without any troubles. Tell me what graphics card you are having and what RAM do you have? Thank you

Re: Is Intel core i7 2.2 GHz processor in MacBook Pro sufficient for video gaming?

For many new high level games you need to have a strong processor. Graphics card and RAM is also very important. Many people think that it is only RAM and graphics card but it also processor. Games like GTA 4 and all you need to have quad core processor. Quad core processors are good for all kind of games. ATHLON 2 X2 250, ATHLON 2 X3 440 and ATHLON 2 X3 435 are said to be the best CPU’s for gaming. Hope my suggestion helps. Please mention your RAM and graphics card.

Well you have bought a good processor. i7 2.2 GHZ is genuinely a good processor for gaming. As far as I know i3 2.2 is a quad core processor and quad core processor can play almost all times of games. As you have mentioned any other attributes like hard disk, RAM, graphics card all is important too. There are many different things that you need to consider before playing is that whether the operating system supports that very game or not. You can play games like mafia, dirt 3, crisis 2 and FIFA 2011 on your computer based on the operating system that supports these games. Hope my suggestion helps.

Well as far as think i7 2.2 GHz processor is not that good for games. For playing games you need to have better processor. Good RAM, good graphics card too. Anything above 2.2 GHz would be better for playing all kind of games. But please tell me which graphics card do you have and what RAM do you have. It’s like if you have nice graphics card like GeForce GTS 450 or AMD Radeon HD 6990 then it is very good. Hope you like my suggestion.