Thread: Dedicated Online Servers for Supreme Ruler Cold War

Dedicated Online Servers for Supreme Ruler Cold War

I just love this game very much, but I get bored playing this game for myself against computers, and when my friend got this game. I was like this big I get to play against a country that has a brain that will be fun and all, but when I got to multiplayer menu that asks the IP address and I am like no problem my friend did not care much, but when took steps to play online with my friend who did not work. Now my friend does not play this game and when I play the sins of a solar empire another fun game with dedicated servers. I can within 5 seconds to find a game to play online with other players. Any input for this?

Re: Dedicated Online Servers for Supreme Ruler Cold War

Sins do not have dedicated servers. MP seeks sins and now they refuse to solve the synchronization problem. There are two commonly used Listens third of the game. Where you can join them and see the games people housing and then join them. Even that is enough for people to really play much MP in 2020. And everything goes back to the thing; SR games take too long to play. More someone is willing to sit in a season MP. You will not get far in 2 hours of play.

I have a FPS shooter called ARMA2 (also played all of his predecessors as well), and the missions are downloaded at the beginning of the mission, and some of them can be mounted in megabytes in size, as these missions contain custom graphics and files audio. There JIP works very well, but then in honesty, they are using dedicated servers. However, IIRC, there is more than just a game map cache when saving? One way to minimize the size of MP saved game is that changes will only be created on the map are within a save, and read the cache file to get everything (or should I say, you are loading the cache file, MP saved game to make the changes). And that would have a way hash checking to ensure the cache file required is the same on each computer.

I am looking for my cache MPfile currently A2 and looking at the series of 2.5 MB, but there are a pair that are in the series of 10 MB. One thing to memorize is not the similar type of system. Does not include synchronization information. Also in ARMA2 award of the data is not user side, from user to user through the server. Because User 2 does not have to know the amount of ammunition a user in a drawer or backpack, and so on. I'm not sure what size. But if I had to guess, I'd say in the range of 500kb-2mb.

That game also had JIP skills for MP, and usually only seen major peaks of sync if a large ping / weak player Connection connects. The timing information is given to you while you are connected live and your avatar can be seen in the game (so many missions that have larger splash screen at the start, so players do not realize the Update synchronized diving). My guild runs a dedicated server that is persistent maps, so when you connect, you have to download the information from the server of all that has changed since the mission began (scores, destroyed buildings / trees, state marker map, statements of objectives, etc.), the burden of synchronization is very noticeable once the mission has been played for a decent amount of time

I cannot help feeling that the feeling of multiplayer as a "necessity" has made it difficult for developers in order to make a full and complete game in game one player. For my part, I can support multiple players, just for that. I think in an effort to appease and appeal to the general mass shudder developers have abandoned the single player aspect, hoping that the multiplayer part will compensate for obvious defects that will ultimately be present in countries controlled by the AI in MP games. I stand firm in the belief that developers should focus solely on one player while the game is in production.

I urge the development team to go a step further. Call for complete and total scraping of all the ideas and characteristics MP and apply those resources to the most important aspects of the game as AI. I call complete and total abandonment of any aspect MP SR Cold War until after the game is completed. Again, my definition of complete / completed is a game that has no deficiencies or defects. Then and only then would I spend it to dev a small amount of resources for any type of property MP. Of course I'm not an idiot I understand it is "reasonable" to expect, but would be good.

I never thought of the benefits of MP in the test! This is a very good point! Also a refreshing take on the game design. I was not aware of the development process through which 2020 was through. I luckily found that PI in the forums some time after release. My worries seem quite unwarranted at this news. Well, probably nothing new to 2020 veterinarians, but news to me. I know all about the games DOA TW empires seems to ring the bell to me. Do not and will never buy a game sega / CA / TW since.