Thread: Xbox 360 Controller and wii controller lag with HDTVs

Xbox 360 Controller and wii controller lag with HDTVs

Hi ,
    I Just bought a brand new LCD TV which is lagging every time on both my xbox and wii Controller – thus it is useless foe me. My cousin bought the similar lcd TV on the same day same brand I did .but he don’t have any no issues with the playstation .This situation leads me to think that it may be an issue with my AV cables. which I refuse to accept as they have worked perfectly on at least 3 other lcds of my friends . this is completely tragic for me You cant just buy a new tv that doesnt work with anything. Is there anything that I can do? RCA to HDMI converters or anything?plz reply

Re: Xbox 360 Controller and wii controller lag with HDTVs

Hello, There are two things that I would like to tell you...

Have you tried component video?

This is less likely to be the issue, but does it lag with a wired controller? its like choppy motion this doesnot happens my old PLASMA or CRT. did you try the different display modes on the wii? Plz tell if u try some other display modes. I had lag on games like Rock Band 2.

I fixed it. It is nothing but upconverting. I have xbox 360 and I set its output at 1080i rather than 1080p as soon as I changed this setting , n it works fine for me. Also you can Check for a "game mode" setting – because newer monitors (as you by) have a setting which slightly improves response time. Another things that may affect to your xbox 360 Is nothing but latency (it is nothing but your resolution) if monitor is up-mixing or down-mixing, or any other picture processing is hanppend. Try to use different video input settings if you have that option .I prefer to detest the latency - cleverly way of measuring it by using a stopwatch and a cheap digital camera for recording your controllers and screens- to actually measure how long the lag time was.note that LCD supports 120hz whereas XBOX supplying 60hz.

If you've already purchased an HDTV and it producing gaming lag as you are telling ,then too all is ok. The first step requires potential work- not require any new hardware .You should try to match the incoming signal of your HDTV's nearest resolution. Let’s say if you have nearest 1280x720 resolution of LCD, set your Xbox 360 to 720p output. Or else if you have 1080i native for lcd / HD-CRT, set your Xbox 360 to 1080i output .ok thats it.