Thread: Critical hits and misses in Supreme Ruler Cold War

Critical hits and misses in Supreme Ruler Cold War

I would like to propose critical hits and misses. I believe that the missiles must have a high potential criticism / miss success, for example, during the Falklands War Sheffield was sunk by a missile exotic, usually this did not happen just a touch exotic. Moreover, I have to fight the land should have a lower risk because the land units are better protected, for example, troops are more difficult to hit and can reinforce better than for example, ships at sea.

Re: Critical hits and misses in Supreme Ruler Cold War

It will be certainly interesting to implement something like this. Sheffield was sung by critical hits, but some ships suffered no damage due to the fiasco bombs, and rarely, but missed their target completely. And technical effects such as the new anti-ship missiles and other defense technologies could reduce the chance of critical hits; in addition, new technical projectile weapons would increase the chance of crits. I think this is a great idea when I first read I thought that sounds dodgy, but after reading that a defeat for the second time a good idea

First I would say a higher level of abstraction would be a good omen for the combat system in the game, so a weapon can hit the correct hex, but cause no harm, and was lost within those few miles consist of a hexagonal space. Damage to an area of about weapons should not exist or at least drastically attenuated, so that a conventional single missile cannot hurt each unit in a hexagon. Damage area should be modified according to the mass and the number of targets in proportion to the size of the affected area, and type of weapons used.

Just remember, a single missile is not always a single missile, I think there are still some cases of a missile unit in the map consists of more than one missile. And keep in mind that a default attack is not just a gunshot. It is a complete change of the entire unit. So when a tank unit with a STR of 44 fires, which can be 44 shots. And that does not take into account the passage of time. If a unit can be said that the fire, six separate injections with a click of the clock, which would still mean 10 minutes of fighting, may be covered in each shot.