Thread: How to play Supreme Ruler: Cold War

How to play Supreme Ruler: Cold War

The game is huge which I think is good; however I have no idea what to perform, since they are not tutorials and strategy guides. I'm starting as Soviet. I want some research to make a Sputnik and the space flight, and I want the stronger economy. How I can perform this for example? Then there's diplomacy through the Warsaw Pact. I have no thought how to come up to the puppets either. Can somebody write a strategy guide or tutorial?

Re: How to play Supreme Ruler: Cold War

One feature I find attractive games of Supreme Ruler is the ability to adapt the scenario to my own gaming preferences. Playing through a couple of games, learning the limits of what is possible and what is not. Hopefully by then we can pick up enough knowledge about how the game works, so that when you change the configuration setting for the next time I face a different challenge. Supreme Ruler - Cold War this trend continues and if memory serves me correctly expands the options presented in the previous title Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold.

After my first attempt of the Soviets was not, I started a second attempt and I'm doing pretty well in 1951 now. First thing I did at the beginning of the game: control lock minister of defense property and consumer goods, the shift of production of both on the way to 0%. Do not build any unit at all. Build about four factories in the capital goods industry in a city (attention, will cripple its economy and its financial situation; have to rely on financial aid from the Soviet states and even other members of the Warsaw Pact).

Once the four factories in the industry have done, I was constantly assured that the construction of two factories in the capital goods industry somewhere. (Optimum is to build on Russian territory). Do not forget to increase the production of consumer goods or elevation controls for the minister again. That gave me a boost start industrial fine, but my military is now a little late and my people were not as happy as they had to buy consumer goods. I as well achieve 3 billion moneys quickly and the money problems are gone.

Click the button on the space race to the left of the Defcon, see what you need to research / build to reach milestones. With my departure, I had enough money as the USSR, at least in the U.S. in the space race. Colonies (Soviet states) need not be asked to give me money, did so voluntarily (4 industrial plants are expensive to build damn well), they were trying to stay out of debt. The members of the Warsaw Pact also are giving me money from time to time.

This is a much better than what I did to make profitable the USSR. I ended up scrapping ore and electricity plants / mines to reduce my need for industrial goods, so I had enough to build new factories in industrial products. It's October 1950 and I am fighting a proxy war with the U.S. in Korea and the UK and my economy is on the rise. Wood products from the USSR, oil and electricity at the enable sold cheaply when needed shortly after the beginning of the game, but the problem of industrial goods is not something I've been able to overcome.

On the screen, those recognizable through the game will become aware of a couple of extra buttons and panels arranged around the screen. Then I ask a little patience while we recap briefly. The main components of the screen before starting our trip at the end of Armageddon! As always, detailed map of the world takes precedence over most of the screen. You can clearly see the capital Washington DC, other major cities, towns and cities are connected by highways and rail lines. Throughout the mainland coast and aqua blue gray lines represent the borders.