Thread: Games marking PAL/US version will work in Australia?

Games marking PAL/US version will work in Australia?

I live in Australia and I’m thinking of buying games from playasia. I’m going to buy two games - La Noire and Gears of War Triple Pack and one more game which still hasn’t been released for Australia. The problem is they are marked as US version and PAL version. I think mostly they should work out for Australia but m not sure. Will there be any issues in using the Rockstar Pass on Marketplace Australia with La Noire with PAL/US version to get the extra cases? Will I have to pay for or set up an American Xbox Live Account to get any DLC for these games?

Re: Games marking PAL/US version will work in Australia?

Both the games and I guess also the other game which you want to buy will work correctly ONLY IF they do not have region code. Always remember that some of the games in box are region coded and some games are not. It depends on the publisher if they want they can region code. I don’t know about your other question but im my opinion those games are of US version so you need to get a US account for the DLC.

I have played both NTSC and PAL games on my Xbox (with no region code). So your games will work correctly if they do not have a region code. I checked out and they do not have region code. However, for the DLC I think you should head to Xbox forums. If the games are PAL versions, then you should be fine for DLC (as long as the game is actually released here). If they're US versions, then you'll need to make a US account.

PAL version will always work in Australia. I had this game saint’s row 2 which was of US version and I downloaded a DLC which was PAL version. It worked perfectly. It didn’t have region code however. If your games work let me know too by posting it here. Anyways have you tried calling the customer care? I guess they have an answer.

The PAL region (PAL being short for Phase Alternating Line) is a television publication territory which covers most of Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and most of Western Europe. NTSC is American and you also get NTSC-J which is for Japan. The difference is PAL can run at 50hz and NTSC is 60hz. Just really the settings for the regions. I don’t think you will have any problem

I have tried searching through xbox forums and they do not have answer to this query. But why do you want to mix up PAL and US? Simply buy the US version DLc for the US game and it should work. You have a US game and your account is Australian I guess this could create a problem and not allow you to access the DLC. So first make sure about the account problem