Thread: Cables required for XBOX360

Cables required for XBOX360

I’m heading to my friend’s place and thinking of playing some system link Xbox games at his house. The problem is I don’t know what kind of cable is required for doing this? I researched on internet and found out that we require patch cables for this. I don’t know what are patch cables are they similar to crossover cables? And also is this what I require?

Re: Cables required for XBOX360

A short length of straight wired cat5e is known as a patch cables. Mostly, It is used to join plugs between two or more patch panels handy for places with proper wall panel conduit installed. In my opinion this is what you need to connect your Xbox. Also patch cables and crossover cables are the same.

patch cable or patch cord is an electrical or optical cable used to connect ("patch-in") one electronic or optical device to another for signal routing. Devices of different types (i.e., a switch connected to a computer, or a switch to a router) are connected with patch cords. A crossover cable connects two devices of the same type, for example DTE-DTE or DCE-DCE, usually connected asymmetrically (DTE-DCE), by a modified cable called a crosslink, Good luck.

Well, system link play is like playing multi player gaming but on two different Xbox. Meaning both Xboxes are connected over a cable which is a cross over cable. You can also play multi player on one Xbox with split screen. As far as your question is concerned, yes patch cable/crossover cable is what you need. I would like to suggest that you do the connections rather than let your kid do it as it can be dangerous.

Yes, you are right you need a crossover cable. Also make sure the game which your kid is playing supports system link play or else there is no use.
    Here are some instructions on how to connect two Xboxes
    1. Switch off both the Xbox.
    2. Insert the cables in both the Xbox
    3. Then connect them two to different TV and game on!

First make sure you have all the needed supplies for system link play. i.e. two Xbox, two TVs, system link play supported CDs and Ethernet cable. As you said you will be connecting two consoles, you can use a standard RJ-45 Ethernet cable instead of the System Link cable. Make sure you have hooked up the Xbox two respective TV. Connect the cables and turn both Xboxes on.