Thread: Server hosting for Minecraft

Server hosting for Minecraft

Well I am playing MineCraft on the computer of mine from past couple of days and I have really loved the look and feel of the game. I have noticed that the game is seems to be working fine but now it is lagging from past couple of days. I am looking to have FTP access and some kind of control panel. Right now I am using moltenservers. Let me know if you know something useful to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Server hosting for Minecraft

Looking at the requirement of yours tell me why are you not using the VPS of the MammothVPS. It need buggers and I have got the one and I am not having any lagging any issue while playing the game and I am really happy with the same. so I recommend that you should get the one and see whether it helps you to resolve the issue which you are getting while playing the game on the computer of yours.

In order to make use of MammothVPS you have to login on VPS and then you have to download the software. If you are need to upload the FTP then you have to install the FTP dameon on the VPS. If it is seems to be a Windows VPS then I think it would be really quick way to copy the files and to use the same for the Copy and paste the file through the remote desktop. Another thing which you can do is to mapping the local disk to VPS through the settings of the remote desktop.

I recommend that you should use some third party tool on the Linux based system. You should get webmin so that you can manage the Linux box. According to me it would be quite easy to set up the game on the Debain box. You have to simply installed Java on the computer of yours. I have done the same while running the server. So you should get any of the above mentioned things to get the requirement of yours.

I have found that the there is multiple options which are seems to be more useful while playing the game. we should have multiple mainecraft instance on the very large dedicated game server than that of having multiple VPS servers which are running on the top of the dedicates servers. Also it would be a better option to have a single dedicated server for the game. if this particular things gets happen we will face less lag issue while playing the game on the computer of yours.

By using VPS you are going to have more RAM and I have noticed that you will be able to run the Minecraft server with low 768MB. You are going to face some lag of the RAM is below of 1GB. I recommend that you should simply get the 1.5GB of RAM so that there can play number of players on the same server. If you are supposed to use 1.5GB VPS than you are going to have 1.2 or 1.3 GB would be free for the Minecraft server.