Thread: Ineffective Carrier in Supreme Ruler Cold War

Ineffective Carrier in Supreme Ruler Cold War

I just remember a big disappointment in 2020 SR. Embedded in a big carriers. The carriers are very inefficient, because only as a platform for its aircraft. If you place the aircraft companies are moving functions such as airports, refueling and repair of his office as if it were the earth. It should also be able to "connect" their craft to their companies. I do not know how many times you lose track of the combatants of transport. It became a problem that has been built only in 2020 companies. So is this same happened with new Supreme Ruler Cold War?

Re: Ineffective Carrier in Supreme Ruler Cold War

I agree with what you say, but I think there must be transport aircraft built in that you cannot delete or what the company become less and less ordered unconnected. Making them part of the company is a step back, so Recognize company and your home (depending on the feature suggests) and what is carriers are small generators would supply both steps forward. And that's the way they should follow.

What do the tanker and they seem very useful when projecting the force on the seas, and rarely use the air traffic option agreement. Many countries deny over flight of other nations in times of hostility and I do not want to be dependent on someone else to get where I want to be. In addition to the wasps (LHD-1) are excellent platforms helicopter to transport paramilitary forces in the whole ocean. Also, occasionally uses the Nimitz class to the same function. Plop is a paragraph in a hostile sea port after the fall harvest of some helicopter ECB Airborne Engineer, bam a friendly port in hostile territory.

The only thing I cannot remember what the outcome is missiles. We had a general thread about whether companies should replenish missiles. They did in early versions, but said companies typically re-arm their aircraft missiles into the sea. However, for the life of me I cannot memorize how it works in 6.7.63. I would as well like to see a common "base" command to all aircraft, the airline or otherwise. This would prevent the planes attack the front lines of land at an airfield just captured, but still in combat. Lose too completely flat for this rather strange game play.

I disagree with the carriers refuse to 2020. Carriers in fact often the basis of my military power are everything else around them. In fact the only thing that makes bad carriers in 2020, they cannot restock missiles. And because each unit practically based on earth has some form of AA, which makes the planes are not very good in a general paper. (They are great when you micro manage to keep them safe). Thus not as effective carriers because there is no main armament (the planes) are gimped.

When you know the weakness of carriers and work around them, become the most powerful on the map. Of course if you’re landlocked nation only in their struggle against borders, carriers will not be of any use to you. However, if you have to fight them overseas may be your only source to bring the aircraft to the frontline. AWACS, craft supply, transport units, air defense, and ground offensive. In many instances, these air units are vital to an amphibian landing.

I find them very useful for the transport of essential transport and reconnaissance aircraft to remote locations. Other than that, I sometimes send fighter-bombers overseas to patrol remote border areas. So I guess in essence are quite useful, but not as a real airfield. As you roar said, most of a naval strike force built around them in real life. However, the direction of the enemy, rarely used aircraft, carriers, or the concentration of naval power against them; they lose this status in the game.

The missiles are increasing in importance, the ranges of missiles is increasing. In the Cold War, the missiles were not invented yet (or in the sense that today), newer ships are also armed with more and better capabilities AA. "Small" countries, for example. Germany, Japan, Canada, China, India, which was quite strong UN amid the Cold War had the carriers, they make up a group to attack otherwise, if the enemy has carriers, then it would probably be submitted AA best ships can, if they have any good AA vessels capable, then at least I would be very careful to attack a nation based on carrier and keep most of the vessels in the operations of defense or attack someone else instead.