Thread: Space race in Supreme Ruler Cold War

Space race in Supreme Ruler Cold War

It will be something like this in practice. He was a great boost to Soviet prestige when it launched Sputnik and the U.S. prestige further to the first landing on the moon. These events have a big impact on their influence on other countries (and to push technology). The concept of a space race is currently being worked on. We'll have more information as it moves through the implementation and testing.

Re: Space race in Supreme Ruler Cold War

I saw a very good program on Sputnik, the other day. I wish I could remember his name and its contents actually showed a little light on the feelings of the time. And saying how wonderful it was that humanity had come off the planet, and what an achievement it was. And then realized that the launch vehicle can carry a nuclear payload. And you really could see a change in public opinion then. The show was a lot of pictures of people talking about the event. Having teenagers question the motives of Russia on the issue.

U.S. tried to demonize the Russians during this time. Russia had to fight their own propaganda tools. That as well armed as to where and with Sputnik as example. It was even by countries like France and Japan influence to Russian influence. And not to help any of this throughout the U.S. had its own problems. Racism is increasing in the U.S. And the Russian took advantage of this. Showing photos of the U.S. fighting their own people in the streets.

How could something like that even can be modeled in the game engine? Modifying specific nation that can potentially be changed through events or research? I really do not see how else it could be in the game. Not to mention I would have to be quite ambiguous at best or may not be well received by some. It's a touchy subject for many. Forming the effects space race should be simple. The game is said to power / sphere leaning; just have their achievements and crashes related effects have influenced regions.

Another failure of the research site would be good, since without the possibility of failure is more than a little watery. But maybe this could offset some tying the positive and negative developments in research. If they stretch the "space race" technicians, and fire events at the end of a technology that open other technicians could go that way to cover the lack of a possible failure. That is, we complete the investigation in the Apollo 1, the results in case of catastrophic failure, with penalties applied to influence the events fire.

The Soviets made great strides with the kidnapping of foreign experts, including people from the U.S. space program and use their knowledge in their own space program, which had also infiltrated active in the U.S. space program, while U.S. are also dealt with the infiltration and spying / monitoring of the Soviet space program from the air or by spy satellites, the U.S. also managed to recruit a number of East "deserters" (which may or may not have been bribed or kidnapped in much the same way or simply may have been Soviet spies).

Can you tell me an example of the Soviets kidnapped foreign experts to its space program? All I know about low-ranking German scientist of v-2 program, used in the early Soviet SP. Yes, they worked for the Soviets to cca 8 years (compared with other German prisoners of war who was released after about 5-12 years), and another source was peering through an Inter-KGB agents, no have information about the kidnapping of U.S. experts active by the KGB.