Thread: Which one you choose to play: US or Soviet in Supreme Ruler Cold War

Which one you choose to play: US or Soviet in Supreme Ruler Cold War

Here my only question is about the play. I mean which side you are going to play, with US or Russia? Which one is your favorite? For me I am certain I will play with both sides as a minimum 4 times but I am previously thinking that the fun fraction might be getting a 3rd area up to their level to confront them. So what’s your thought about this and which one you choose?

Re: Which one you choose to play: US or Soviet in Supreme Ruler Cold War

I like being able to choose the course of my region and not be forced to follow a particular historical path or not being able to take certain decisions based on that is not what they (the play region I am) made history. Playing in the region and is on a different path can be extremely difficult and may even seem impossible, but it should not be banned on my list of choices to make. If I want to ally with anyone, I should be able to try to become one, to set the trade; you should be able to try.

By playing in the sandbox mode is certainly expected that players will play a very open, very improvisational. That said there is also a desire of some players to see a historical progression, and this is something that may need to deal with some game options. The most important issues revolve around how to determine winning or losing games Sandbox. In SR2020 point win was "conquer the world" - pretty simple in theory. However in practice a lot of people did not like this approach is not the goal of each region to take charge of Worldwide is the goal of the human player to dominate the world - is the goal of AI stops it.

One possibility would be to set some goals for the number of secret regions of the IA is trying to achieve during the game. U.S., the USSR was the ultimate goal of winning the Cold War, but other regions of the IA could win the supreme achievement of its objectives. So not only the player must somehow overcome the Cold War, but to find out what other regions are the supreme object and delay until the player can get the victory. You can throw some kinks in the situation. Let's say that the use of intelligence in the capital of the region is how to find targets in that region.

Actually, this sounds good at first reading, but from past experience that has concerns about how players will react. In general, players do not like things that occur without an obvious reason for the action - even if the real world does not work that way. If the AI had "secret" goals or objectives that the player could not easily see (and if the player could easily see, then it would not be secret), then achieving those goals often involve taking actions that seem make sense for the player. Yes, you are saying, "Well, find out what your target is from their actions," but some players are saying "stupid AI meaningless by his actions."

An example of this is SR2020 AI alliances. A clear internal "thinking" that the use of aromatize inhibitors to determine how to ally with other aromatize inhibitors - an example is to see someone (probably the human player) as a threat, so will communicate with a number of aromatize inhibitors and other form a "block" to ally with each other and try to mitigate the threat, which often involve a partnership with the regions that cannot be seen as "friends" under the old gospel of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

I suggest we let the players determine the "victory condition" we are challenge with a game according to each game. In other words, it gives us options. You can have your script "classic based historical" simulation as the main game, and then bust open sandbox mode with a range of "winning conditions". That has made almost SR2020. With the Cold War, we will choose our own country and decide if you win.

AI is a region other than the players though. The UK could be trying to survive, or may be trying to establish military targets economic, diplomatic or otherwise. May appear to be enjoying the beach in summer, but appearances can be deceiving. UK could be helping other region to win AI or the player. It may even be trying to win and unknowingly or knowingly assist another region to gain the same time. At the same time, other regions are trying to win, and possibly trying to keep some other to win not to mention the region of the players.